2 Easy Ways to Block a Person on Tumblr
Tumblr is one of the most popular blogging sites. You can blog about anything or follow other’s blog posts and send them messages. But if you have a blog in Tumblr then you may sometime experience someone sending you annoying or abusive comments which could ruin your blogging experience.
Sometimes, on any social media, there are situations where you need to block a particular user and stop them from contacting you and viewing your profile. In case this happens, Tumblr provides you with two easy ways to block a user and stop them from being your follower. In this OneHowTo article we explain how to block someone from seeing your Tumblr.
How to make a Password Protected Tumblr Blog
The first method is to block people by creating a Password protected blog in Tumblr. When you create a password protected blog, only those people who have your password can read and comment on your blog post. This method is most convenient for those people who want to share their blog post with few people and block the rest. To create a password protected blog take the following steps:
- At first visit the dashboard page where you can see the list of all your blog on the top right side of the page.
- Beside the name of your primary blog you will find an upside down arrow. Click on that arrow. A drop – down menu will open. Look at the bottom of the menu and you will find the option – Create a New Blog. Click on that option.
- In the next page you will be asked to enter the title and the URL for your new blog. Enter your desired title and URL.
- Below the URL option you will find Privacy. After it there is a box and beside the box it is written – Password Protect this blog. Click on the box and a tick mark will appear in it. Now enter your desired password. Finally at the bottom click on Create Blog and your new password protected blog is created.
Share your password with those people with whom you want to share your blog posts. Start blogging!
How to Block an Individual User or Follower on Tumblr
The second method which is mainly used for public blogs in Tumblr is blocking undesired people by using the Ignore function. To block someone by Ignore option, follow the following steps.
At first log in to your Tumblr account. At the top of the screen you will find the “Settings” option - click on it.
- A new page containing your blog’s setting will open. In this page keep scrolling down till you find the “Ignored Users” button.
- There enter the URL of the person whom to want to block. Then click on the “Ignore” button. The person is now blocked and would not be able to see your blog posts and news feed. Also now that person won’t be able to message you.
To unblock someone just click on the Stop Ignoring option and the person would be unblocked. Keep Blogging!
If you'd like to read similar articles to 2 Easy Ways to Block a Person on Tumblr, we recommend you browse around our Internet category.