How To Make Someone Else Host On Skype
With Skype application creating a buzz these days, users can instantly connect with others absolutely for free with either instant messaging or phone calls. Each participant in the conversation is assigned a role, that determines what a person can and cannot do in a chat. The host, also known as the master, is able to demote and promote other users, as well as ban someone from the chat. If you are the host of a conversation, you can promote a participant to be the master, in case you leave the chat or don’t want to continue. But you can make someone else host on Skype only if you are the original creator of a chat. So, if you are the host of a Skype chat, OneHowTo.com will tell you how to make someone else host on Skype.
What are your rights as a Skype host?
When you set up a group chat on Skype, you automatically become the host of that group. In this group, numerous Skype users can communicate with each other at the same time. As a host, you may easily configure Skype group settings to add or delete from the chat, secure the group with a password, promote other members to master, and manage other administrative tasks of the group. When you transfer your Skype host rights to any other member, the other member also becomes the host, and can perform the tasks that only you could do earlier.
Make moderators in a Skype chat
If you are the host of a Skype group chat, having a moderator (host) can be really helpful. The moderator will help you maintain order during the chat, and perform other tasks. There are two different types of moderators that you can assign, a master moderator and a helper moderator. A helper moderator cannot assign or remove chat roles for participants, while a master moderator enjoys such rights. To add a master moderator in a Skype chat, follow these steps:
- Log in to Skype and create a new group chat
- Click on the ‘Add People’ button that you can see on the chat toolbar.
- Click on the names of people whom you want to add to the chat, including the participant that you want to make a moderator (You cannot promote a Skype user in a one to one chat).
- Type "/setrole genericskypename MASTER" in the chat box (Without the quotation marks).
- Replace “genericskypename” with the Skype name of the participant you want to make a moderator.
- Press Enter to apply the new settings
If you want to remove a Skype host, you must:
- Type "setrole [Skype Name] user" into the chat box (without the quotation marks).
As of now, this is the only way you can transfer your Skype host rights to another Skype user, who should be a participant of the group too. By doing this, you can leave a Skype chat any time without disrupting the chat of other people.
Next, find out what are Skype's hidden emoticons.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Make Someone Else Host On Skype, we recommend you visit our Internet category.