How to Cancel an Order on Etsy
Etsy is a well known online market place for handmade craft items. It is also a great place to sell or buy vintage items. Those who want to buy personalized items or unique items usually prefer Etsy. If you are a buyer or a seller on Etsy and due to some circumstance you need to cancel an order then there are some rules and regulation which must be followed. In this OneHowTo article we will tell you how to cancel an order on Etsy.
If you are a Seller
If you have set up an Etsy shop and want to cancel an order by one of your customers, follow these steps:
- Point your cursor over the top of ‘Your Shop’ link present on the top of Etsy page. A drop down list will appear. Click on 'Sold Orders' from the drop down list.
- Then find out the order that you want to cancel and then click on the option ‘receipt’ which is present on the top of the transaction info.
- Check whether the item was purchased via Direct Checkout, Paypal, money order or through some other payment method. If the purchase was done through Direct Checkout then click on 'Manage Order' menu and then click on 'Cancel Transaction'. If any other payment method was used then click on 'Cancel a Transaction' link.
- Then a form will appear. Fill the form so that some or all of the transactions are cancelled. Also, in this form you need to state a reason as to why the order is being cancelled. You can also leave a note for the buyer stating the reasons of cancellation.
- After submitting the cancellation form, Etsy will send an e mail notification to both you and the buyer. Then it credits your account with the fees associated with the order. Finally the details of transaction would be moved to the 'Canceled' tab on the 'Sold Orders' page.
If you are a Buyer
If you have ordered a product on Etsy and then need to cancel it you can only do so if the order has not been shipped. If this is your case, then follow these steps:
- Place the cursor on ‘Your Account’ button. A drop down menu will appear. Click on ‘Purchase and Reviews’ from the drop down menu.
- Select the order that you want to cancel.
- On the right side if it says ‘Not Shipped’ then below it a link stating ‘Request Cancellation’ appears. Click on the link. A pop up will appear where you can send message to seller regarding the reason of cancellation. Then press send.
- However if on the order had been shipped then the ‘Request Cancellation’ link won’t appear. So, you must click on ‘Contact shop owner’. Here a pop up will appear where you can write a message to the seller requesting cancellation along with the reason and then send it. In this situation it is up to the seller to either cancel the order or deny cancelling the order.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Cancel an Order on Etsy, we recommend you visit our Internet category.