How to Cancel an Order on Flipkart Online
Flipkart is an Indian electric commerce company and one of the highest trending online shopping sites out there. This business carries a wide range of products on offer including apparel, footwear, electronics, books, kitchen appliances etc. Placing orders on Flipkart is easy and fast, but what happens if you want to cancel an order? You may change your mind, or want to order another product in place of the item you already ordered. If you've bought something on Flipkart but you don't want it anymore and you haven't yet received it, read this oneHOWTO article and find out how to cancel an order on Flipkart online.
Conditions to cancel an order
You are only allowed to cancel and order online if if the product has not been shipped yet. If you cancel your order at this stage, you will be refunded the full price of your order. In case your order has been shipped out, but you have still not received it yet, you will have to then call or contact by email or social media. You may then cancel the order, and your refund process will start once Flipkart receives the order back through courier. This however, depends on how far along the order has been shipped. If you have ordered a larger product, you have to cancel the order before 24 hours of it arriving at your house. Unfortunately, you may not cancel your order once it has been delivered at your doorstep.
Steps to cancel a Flipkart order online
Follow these steps to cancel an order on Flipkart online:
- Log in to your Flipkart account, and click on the ‘My Orders’ link to reach your account web page.
- Select the item that you want to cancel, and click on the ‘View Details’ link next to it.
- You will reach the detailed order page, where you will see a ‘Cancel’ link against every item in your order.
- Click on ‘Cancel’ link against the item that you want to cancel the order of.
- Indicate the reason for canceling the order, select the mode of your refund, and confirm your order cancellation.
- Once you have created your order cancellation request, your cancellation process starts and you will get your refund within the period of time stipulated by the company.
We should also remind you that OneHowTo only gives this information so you can proceed on the Flipkart web and have nothing to do with the company. Please refrain from asking us to cancel an order and follow the instructions listed above.
Modes of refund after cancellation of a Flipkart order
Flipkart refunds your money via two different modes:
- They may add the amount to your Flipkart wallet, which you can use to make other purchases on the site. This is applicable only for sellers who have Flipkart Advantage.
- The second option is that they may refund the money back to your bank account, or mode of payment you used to pay for the order.
You will be asked to choose your mode of refund while canceling the order. You should choose the mode of your preference, and cancel the order online.
What happens if you want to return a product?
If you are not eligible to cancel an order on Flipkart as it has already been sent, you also have the option to return a Flipkart order. You will only be able to return the product if it has been damaged, is defective or is not what you expected according to the description.
You have the following days to return purchases from Flipkart:
- Clothes, footwear, eye-wear, accessories and jewelry can be returned within 30 days
- Electronics can only be returned before 10 days and will can only be replaced, not refunded.
- There are certain items that have a no return policy. This means that they cannot be returned. These items include;lingerie-wear, DVDs, CDs, cars, food, socks, baby care supplies, beauty products, pet hygiene products, etc.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Cancel an Order on Flipkart Online, we recommend you visit our Internet category.