How to Delete Friends on Snapchat
In a short span of time Snapchat has became extremely popular due to the fun features it has added on the latest updated version. You can send a video or photo through this app and after a few seconds of the person viewing the photo or video it will self destruct. It is extremely fun and quirky app. But the fun starts to end when a friend or two forgets that there is a limit to everything. You might want to delete those friends from your Snapchat, as you're sure you're never going to send any more snaps to them. If you're in this situation and are not quite sure of what to do, read this article in which we explain how to delete friends on Snapchat.
Deleting friends on Snapchat
To delete a friend from your Snapchat you need to follow the next steps:
- When you enter Snapchat and go to your profile screen, you fill find the icon "My friends". Tap it.
- Then type the name of the friend you want to delete.
- To the right side of the friend’s name you'llsee an icon of gear. Tap it.
- Among the available options you'll find delete. Tap on it.
- Your friend will be deleted from your Snapchat account.
Deleting a friend who added me on Snapchat
If you want to delete a person who had added you, you need to follow the next steps:
- On your profile screen you'll find an icon named "Added Me". Tap it.
- Type the name of the person who had added you and whom you want to remove from your list of friends.
- Tap on the gear icon that appears on the right side of their name.
- You will get options such as delete, block and cancel. Tap on delete to remove the particular contact from your Snapchat account.
After you delete a friend
Often people fret over what will happen after you delete your friend on Snapchat. Will they receive notification that they have been deleted? Will they be able to realize that they had been deleted?
When you delete someone on Snapchat your username won't be visible on the contact list of that person you've deleted. Also, that person won't be able to view any of your Snapchat story which are set in other than public. It is possible for a deleted contact to realize they have been deleted as your username icon will appear as white instead of purple in that person's contacts list. Finally, if he/she sends you a snap it will always show pending.
If you don't want to use Snapchat anymore is better that you delete your Snapchat account.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Delete Friends on Snapchat, we recommend you visit our Internet category.