What is Canva and How Does It Work?
Canva is an image editing program which is easy and intuitive to use. If you need to edit or even create an image easily, but you don't have much experience using complicated image software like Photoshop, Canva is one of the best options available. You can create art for personal or professional use to an incredibly high level with very little experience. As long as you have some basic editing skills, you can use Canva for posters, graphics, presentations or even posts for social networks. As an easy Canva tutorial, oneHOWTO explains what is Canva and how does it work?
What is Canva?
Canva is a graphic design and image composition program. It was founded in 2012 and appeared as a website that provides online design tools allowing you to create and edit both personally and professionally. Since it is a web application, Canva offers a freemium service with which you can use the program for free with basic options. It also offers a paid alternative called Canva Pro with advanced options and tools.
Canva is a flexible tool that allows you to make simple or more complex creations. It is defined as a composition and editing program that enhances communication. This online application is designed to create formats using hundreds of templates without the need for specific knowledge in the area of graphic design. This makes it an easy and intuitive website to use. Since its launch, it has become one of the most used tools in digital marketing.
What is Canva used for?
Canva is a website that can be used by amateur, experienced or professional designers to create multi-purpose designs. From this editing program, you can create some of the following images which require graphic design:
- Business cards
- Social media posts
To make these products, there are more than 8,000 free templates you can use. You will find the perfect option to make more than 100 types of designs with multiple purposes. If you are an experienced editor, Canva offers you the possibility of creating your designs from scratch, adding images, texts or other elements to your liking. To achieve this, you just have to use an interface with which you only have to move the menu items to the editor.
Advantages of using Canva
Before you start using Canva, you need to know some of its many advantages:
- No installation: it is a graphic design program that you will find in web format.
- Auto save: everything you work on in Canva is automatically saved, so your designs are protected from the unexpected and available for your next editing session.
- Compatible with mobile devices: you have the desktop version for computers or mobile phones to work comfortably from your smartphone, although in this case it is recommended to download the Canva app from Android or iOS.
Canva is the ideal tool for digital professionals without extensive knowledge of graphic design. This is thanks to the fact that it is a simple and very intuitive tool with which you can create designs in just a few minutes.
How to use Canva
Now you know what is Canva, you will likely want to know how it works. As mentioned above, Canva is a program that provides you with thousands of templates that you can customize to your liking. The use and operation of the desktop version is very simple. To start, you simply have to access the site
Once on the desktop site, you will need to select the format that best suits your needs among the templates offered. For example, you may want to create a Pinterest image, so you can select the Pinterest template. You can then add a bit of creativity and innovation to make your own design using the tools that Canva puts at your disposal, including cut, change size, add colors, divide images and add text.
One of the great advantages of Canva is its ease of use that allows you to generate and create hundreds of designs quickly and without complication. While more complex design and editing programs have more options for editing, they are also less intuitive and require greater knowledge.
Thanks to Canva's drag-and-drop system, you only have to move the element you want to add from the left bar and insert it directly into the design, without having to press any key. Through Canva, you can also add your own multimedia files, as well as photographs or videos, to your creations.
How to use Canva
- Create a user account , you can do it by adding an email and password or using your Google and Facebook data.
- Once you're logged in, Canva will ask you how you want to use it to provide suggestions so you can start editing and create different types of content.
- On the main screen of Canva you will see the design suggestions and a search engine for you to find what you want to create.
- On the left side you will see a menu with various categories, such as the index of your designs.
- Start creating your design using a template, right there you can change any or all of the elements, color backgrounds, text, photographs, etc.
- Add other editing elements by selecting and dragging them from the elements menu on the left.
- Once you're done, you can download or print your design.
Canva is a useful program for carrying out digital projects and can be used both professionally and personally. It is great for teachers and students alike, but it is also ideal for small companies or individuals in larger companies who need to do small jobs. Get the most out of your designs digital images with Canva, a simple, easy and very useful tool.
If you want to read similar articles to What is Canva and How Does It Work?, we recommend you visit our Internet category.