How to send GIFs on Whatsapp
Whatsapp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world. It allows us to text, call and even video call our friends and family around the world. After the high demand of the incorporation of GIFs into this app, Whatsapp has took it within themselves to finally include them.
In this OneHOWTO article we are going to explain how to send GIFs to your friends and family. Keep reading for an easy to follow guide.
What are GIFs?
As you may already know, GIF (pronounced “jiff” or “gif”) stand for “Graphic Interchange Format”. They are essentially animated images. They have gained popularity thanks to the ability to express an idea, meme or joke in a few seconds. GIFs are generally less than 6 seconds long, don't have sound and continuously repeat themselves. They're not exactly videos as their more similar to jpeg or png files (image files). If anything, they're more like flipbooks.
Due to their recent popularity on social media, Whatsapp has joined in with other social platforms that are now allowing their users to send GIFs.
How to send GIFs through Whatsapp
In order to send GIFs via WhatsApp, the first thing you do is download the latest version of this application. If you have the mobile configured to update automatically, you will surely already have it. If this is not the case, you can go to the Apple Store or the Android Play Store and update WhatsApp.
The version you need is at least v2.16.293. Once you have it downloaded and installed you can start sending GIFs by WhatsApp by following these steps:
1. Once you've made sure you have the latest Whatsapp version, enter the Whatsapp app on your phone.
2. Now, go to the chat where you wish to share a GIF.
3. Tap the emoji icon placed on the top left of your keyboard.
4. Now, emojis will be displayed. Look at the very bottom. At the right side of the emoji icon you will find the GIF icon. 5. Tap on it to see all gifs.
6. You will see many GIFs. You can also search for other GIFs by pressing the search icon on the bottom of the keyboard.
6. Once you have chosen the GIF you wish to send, simply tap on it.
7. Next, you will be able to add a caption to the GIF if you wish to do so.
8. Tap on the send button.
9. That's it! Now you can see that your GIF has been sent.
Another way to use GIFs is by simple searching for them on google and downloading them into your gallery. However, nowadays, GIFs have become so popular that new phone models are even including them into their system's keyboard. This allows users to find and use GIFs in any social platform, making it easier than ever to use.
If you're interested in more articles on Whatsapp and other social media apps, make sure to check out our Technology section.
If you want to read similar articles to How to send GIFs on Whatsapp, we recommend you visit our Internet category.