How To Add Music To Instagram Stories
“Instagram Stories” is a feature within the Instagram app that allows users to capture photos or videos and share to their followers for 24 hours. Stories can be modified by adding text, drawings, emojis, stickers and even music. Users can choose who can see their stories and even live stream their videos.
In this OneHOWTO article, we are going to show you how to add music to your Instagram Stories. We include photos to make this guide very simple to follow.
How to add music to Instagram stories
Since Instagram has incorporated music into their Instagram Stories feature in July 2018, people have been using it in many creative ways. Instagram Music allows you to search for the song you're looking for, as well as suggest music for you and sort them out by “moods” and “genres”.
Once you've selected which song you want to use, you can choose what part of the song you want to use and different ways to display it. This includes a little sticker with the name and artist, the CD art, or even a small video displaying the lyrics of the chosen song. Once you have finished and added it to your story, your followers will then watch your Instagram Stories and be able to listen to the song you've chosen.
To add music to your Instagram Stories, follow these simple steps:
1. Make sure you have the latest Instagram App. If you do not, update it by going to your Google Play Store or App Store.
2. Enter the app and tap on the upper left icon to add a new story. You can also simply swipe left to add a new story.
3. Next you will select a video or photo, or take a new one in the moment. To do this you can swipe up to open up your recent photos and videos. You can also take a photo now by tapping the white circle button on the screen. To take a video, use the same button but hold it until you want it to stop recording.
4. Now that you have your content ready, it's time to add music to your Instagram Story. For this, you will need to tap on the sticker emoji on the top right side of the screen (as shown in the photo below).
5. Next, you will tap on the music sticker.
6. Once you have done this, the music library will open up. Now you can search for the song you wish to use, or you can browse through their music library. Instagram has truly a vast variety of music to choose form and they continue to add new music everyday.
7. Now that you have selected the song you wish to add, you can choose which part of the song you want in your video. You can do this at the bottom of the screen by moving the the colored rectangle situated on top of the track. To help you, Instagram will show you which part of the song you are at by time and will also show the lyrics that are sung at that given moment.
8. Next, you can now choose which sticker you want. It can be a small sticker as seen in the photo below, a larger one that showcases the CD artwork or even the lyrics of the song. To select which sticker you want to use, simply tap on the sticker and it will change to the next sticker available.
9. When you've finished selecting how you want your music to be added to your Instagram Story, simply tap on “Done” at the top right corner of the screen.
8. If you don't wish to change anything to your Instagram Story, you can now add it to your story or send it to someone in particular.
External Apps to add music to an Instagram video
Another way to add music to your Instagram Stories or videos, is by using external apps. Here are some good options:
This app was designed to record short videos with background music. Its interface is very similar to that of Instagram, as well as its functionality. To put music to a video on Instagram with Lomotif, you just have to follow these steps:
- Once you have downloaded the app, select the audio track you want to play. You can add it directly from your gallery or from Spotify.
- Record your video. The audio track will be played simultaneously while it is being recorded.
- In addition to music, this app also allows you to add filters, emojis, text and gif animations.
- When the video has finished you can upload it and share it on Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp or Twitter.
Launched in 2013, this app allows you to make short videos with photos and music. In addition to having its own online community, it allows you to share the videos on other platforms such as Instagram and other social networks. Here's how to use Flipagram to add music to your Instagram Stories:
- Select the audio track you want to add. You can do it from the Flipagram library or from your multimedia library.
- Create your video using photos. You can also record it directly with your mobile camera.
- In addition to music, you can also add texts, animations and filters to animate your video.
- Then simply save it and upload it to Instagram.
With Tik Tok you can create short videos (maximum 1 minute) with background music. In addition to recording your videos, you can also take photos and add custom animations to them. To add music to your Instagram using Tik Tok, follow these simple steps:
- Select an audio track from the Tik Tok music library.
- Record your video or choose a series of photos or short videos saved in your library.
- In addition to music, you can also add animations, filters, text and emojis to personalize your video.
- You can share your video directly on Instagram Stories, Facebook or Whatsapp.
How to add music to Instagram Stories that Instagram doesn't have
As we've previously mentioned, Instagram has a vast variety of music and they continue to add new music everyday. However, how can you add music to Instagram Story that isn't there on their music library? If you can't seem to find the song you're searching for on Instagram, you can use Spotify.
Follow these simple steps to add a song to your Instagram Story that Instagram doesn't have in their music library:
1. Enter Spotify and find the song you wish to use.
2. Now tap on the the song, as demonstrated in the photo below.
3. Click on the share icon at the bottom right of your screen.
4. Lastly, tap on “Instagram Stories” and it will bring you to Instagram Stories with the song add to their library.
If you've enjoyed this article you may be interested in:
If you want to read similar articles to How To Add Music To Instagram Stories, we recommend you visit our Internet category.