How to Combine Two PDF Files into One
When the deadline for report or presentation starts to come near every person’s heart skip a beat due to tension. Adding fuel to the tension might be the fact that even though you have got all the necessary information yet they are all in separate PDF files which you need to organize and merge into one. You must be thinking how great it would be if you could merge the PDF files instead of running to the nearest printer to print them out and bind in one file. Your wish can become true because here are a few ways on how to combine two PDF files into one.
Using Adobe Reader
Most computers come with a pre installed Acrobat reader. But if you don’t have a pre installed one then you need to buy it. To use the merge service you need a subscription to Adobe PDF Pack online service. To combine two PDF files follow the following steps:
- At first click Tools to display the panels.
- Then click on Sign In to log in to the PDF Pack online service. This requires a subscription to the PDF Pack online service. When you are logged in your name will show in the right hand corner.
- Then open the create PDF panel.
- Now click on the icon where ‘Go to create PDF’ is written.
- In the new page that opens click on the ‘Combine Files’ icon on top. Then click on select files.
- Now click on the ‘Choose files from My Computer’ and then click on continue.
- Now enter the name of the PDF files to be combined. Then drag and drop to arrange the files. Then click on Combine.
- A pop up will appear in the new page. Click on the Download option in the pop up to retrieve the combined PDF file.
Using third party programs online
If you don't have Acrobat Reader and don't want to buy it, you can still merge different PDFs into one using thir party programs you can find online. Follow these steps to do so:
- Using your search engine, search online for ‘Merge PDFs’. You will find many programs and the most reputable ones are: PDF Joiner, FoxyUtils and SmallPDF.
- Then open the website which you find to be the best and click on the option “Merge PDFs” which you will find on the main site.
- When asked for the files to be combined browse the files and then select the PDF files. Then organize both the files and put them in the order that you want.
- In some site you might be asked for resolution. In that case choose your desired resolution for high quality of final file.
- Finally create the final PDF file by clicking on create/ merge/ join/ save PDF or any other option which is provided by the site.
- You might be asked about the destination where your new file will be saved. If not asked then you must check the Downloads folder in your computer for the final combined PDF File.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Combine Two PDF Files into One, we recommend you visit our Software category.
- You can do this not only with two PDFs but with more. Only take note that if you're merging the files using a third party program and not Acrobat Reader, you might not be able to merge too many PDFs if these are very big.