How To Open SWF Files In Chrome
Sometimes working out how computer systems work can be tricky. Therefore, learning the easiest tricks on how to open files and transfer information is mandatory when working with computers. Do you know what an SWF file is? It is an Adobe Flash file format animation used commonly for graphics and multimedia.
If you’ve ever worked with an Adobe Flash file, you may have noticed that sometimes these files won’t open. But, what do you do if you cannot open a SWF file? Well, we’re here to tell you! For more on how to open an SWF file on Windows or Mac, keep reading here at OneHOWTO.
How to open a SWF file
This type of files are named after Shockwave Flash, later renamed ‘Small Web Format’ to avoid possible confusion. An SWF is a file format that belongs to Macromedia company and is directly associated with Adobe Systems products.
SWF is a file that contains vector graphics that can be created using the famous Adobe Animate program. However, it is also important to note that, today, you can find other similar programs that also allow for the creating of these types of files. Some examples of these such programs include, MTASC and SWFTools .
For more, take a look at our article where we tell you how to make a GIF with Photoshop.
How to open SWF files on windows
Do you have a Windows PC and are wondering how to open SWF files on Windows? How about, how to open SWF files on Chrome? If so, follow these steps:
- Go to the SWF File Player web page- http://www.swffileplayer.com/ . This is where you will find everything you need related to these file types, including the necessary programs you need to open the file.
- Once on the page, find the button that activates the program download. Usually, it is a button on the screen that will specify "Download now". The download should take a few minutes, so be patient.
- Once you have downloaded the program, open and install the SWF File Player program. Follow the steps requir by the program.
- Once the program is completely installed, open it and look for the "File" tab. Then, press "Open" and select the corresponding SWF file will you want to save to your pc.
How to open SWF files on Mac
If you want to open a SWF file on a Mac computer, you will need to download a specific application to do so. Take a look at our steps on how to open SWF file on Mac:
- Go to Elmedia player page.
- Download this application.
- This program execution which will be in DMG format.
- Install the program correctly.
- Once Elmedia has installed onto your computer, open it, click on "File" and open.
- Select the SWF file that you want to open and download.
- A pop-up window will appear that will allow you to select several files available on the computer.
- And finally, select the file you wish to open.
How to open SWF files on computer
Now that you know how to open SWF files, you may find out following technology articles useful:
If you want to read similar articles to How To Open SWF Files In Chrome, we recommend you visit our Software category.