How to Send More than 16 MB on Whatsapp
Whatsapp is one of the most popular messaging app. Created in the year 2009, it has gathered huge popularity within a short period of time. Its popularity is backed by the amazing features it provides. Yet there is a great drawback in Whatsapp. The drawback is that the size of file (both audio and video) which we can send to a person is limited. The maximum limit is 16 mb, which sometimes is not enough for some videos and other files. If you wanted to share a file greater than 16 mb you needed to use another messaging app. However, now it is possible to do so by following a few steps. Read this OneHowTo article if you want to know how to send more than 16 mb on Whatsapp.
Sending more than 16 mb on Android
If your phone uses Android operative system, the first thing you need to do is download Video Converter. You can get this app from the Google Play Store and it's completely free of cost. Install the video converter and then open it. As soon as you open it, it will start scanning all the files stored in the internal and external memory of the phone. When it has finished, a list of all the files will appear on the screen.
Now, choose the file that you want to send over WhatsApp. The app will compress the video so it will reduce its size. After that you need to choose the desired profile and option for file compression. The best thing about it is that even after the reduction in size, the video quality is not affected. You can now send your optimized file through WhatsApp.
Sending more than 16 mb on Windows Phone
If you have a Windows phone the process is quite similar to the one for Android.
- Download WhatsApp Video Optimizer from the Windows Store and install it in your phone.
- When the installation is completed, open the app. Then choose the file which you want to convert or optimize.
- After selecting the file tap on the optimize button. This will convert the video and bring it to a size of less than 16 mb.
- One best feature about this app is that you can convert many files at once. Just choose all the files you want to convert and then click on optimize. Your file optimization will start.
- Once it is finished you will see that all the optimized files are saved with the name “filename optimized”.
- Finally you can send your optimized files through WhatsApp.
Sending more than 16 mb on iOS Apple phone
Finally, if you're using an iPhone, there is also the possibility of sending large videos over WhatsApp.
- Download the WhatsApp video converter. In iOS, you will find it in the iTunes Play Store.
- After downloading it, install it in the phone and then open it.
- Add the file you want to optimize in this app and then convert it.
- Now you can send your desired file over WhatsApp.
As you can see, sending larger videos over WhatsApp is not impossible, you only need to make one step previous to the actual sending of the video. If you want to know more tricks and tips for using this messaging app, don't miss out our WhatsApp category.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Send More than 16 MB on Whatsapp, we recommend you visit our Internet category.