Who Can See your Whatsapp Status?
The biggest and most popular online messaging app has recently added some new features that make Whatsapp more than just an application to chat, but bring it closer to other updates added recently to Social Media networks such as Facebook or Instagram. We're talking about the new status feature, where you can share pictures with your Whatsapp contacts for a short time period. If you're wondering who can see your Whatsapp status, then take a look a this oneHOWTO article and find out!
Your Whatsapp profile
First of all, we'd like to let you know about the profile information that is visible for people who have your phone number:
- Profile picture: Your profile picture is only visible to those people who have your phone number saved on their smartphone. If you block someone on Whatsapp, your picture will not be visible.
- Profile name: This name will be the one people who still have not got your contact saved will see if you talk to them through private or group conversation.
- Status: Though your status used to be a sentence in which you let other people know what you were doing, (default sentences were 'online' or 'at work'), Whatsapp has just launched a new feature in which you can let your Whatsapp contacts know what you're doing though a picture that will be visible for 24 hours.
How to use WhatsApp's new status feature
Mimicking Snapchat or Instagram stories, Whatsapp has turned it's status text into a 24-hour-long picture or video that is pretty easy to upload. Follow these steps to use Whatsapp status:
- Check you have the latest version of Whatsapp, the first that includes the status update is 2.17.79
- Open the app, where you'll notice the middle tab reads 'Status'
- Click on it and tap on 'My status'.
- Tap to take a picture, hold the circle button to record a video, or choose a picture, video or GIF from your gallery to upload.
- If you want you can add a caption explaining the picture or video.
- Click on the 'send' button at the right of the screen.
- Your status will be visible to your contacts for 24 hours.
How to know who has seen my Whatsapp status
Now you know how Whatsapp status works, you may be wondering how to know who sees your status.
It's pretty easy, just go back to the 'status' tab and click on 'My status' again. Your picture will appear and a small eye will also appear at the center-bottom of the screen. Click on it and it will show you the people who have taken a peek at your status. If there is someone who has your contact number on their phone but you do not have that person registered, he/she will not be able to view your status.
How to stop someone from seeing my status
Is there someone you're not fond of that's looking at your status constantly, then you can choose for that person not to see your status updates without having to block them. Follow these steps tostop someone from seeing your statusupdates:
- Go to the 'My status' tab
- Click on the three dots at the top right of the screen.
- Select 'Status privacy' from the fold-down menu.
- Here, you can choose who can see your status: your contacts, your contacts except or you can even choose the specific people you want to share it with.
- Select 'My contacts except...'. Your contact list will appear. Just tick the people whom you don't want to show your status.
- If you want to show your status to few people, select 'only share with...' instead. You will now have to tick the people whom you want to show your status to.
If you'd like to read similar articles to Who Can See your Whatsapp Status?, we recommend you browse around our Internet category.