How to Pin a Message on Telegram
When we think about instant messaging apps, Telegram is drawing nearer to the forefront of our collective mind. Released in 2013, it has been widely accepted by users across the globe, especially due to its perceived security benefits to the user. With an aim to cater to users’ latest requirements and expectations, the application comes with regular improvements and upgrades. One of these latest updates is the ability to pin a message on a personal or group chat on Telegram. In this oneHOWTO article, we will tell you how to pin a message on Telegram, along with more information about the app and its features.
Info about Telegram
Telegram is a popular messaging app that is super fast, free and simple to use. It is believed to be relatively secure and allows you to access your chats across different devices at the same time. Whether you are using Telegram on your computer, tablet or smart phone, you can sync your messages perfectly on all your devices. Telegram allows you to send photos, files, videos and messages to individuals, groups or broadcast channels.
One Telegram group can have as many as 100,000 members and Broadcast Channels have almost unlimited reach in terms of audience. Millions of people across the globe are using Telegram for their personal and business messaging requirements. Since a group can have a huge number of members, it is easy to miss important messages and not reply in time. With this in mind, Telegram has recently launched a facility with which you can pin a message to quickly reach later.
Facility to pin messages on Telegram
When you pin a message on Telegram, it comes up at the top of your chat screen. All the members will get that message’s notification, even if they have muted their notification settings in that group. Telegram users can have several active chats at a time. Not all of them are important. Many of them are just forwarded messages. But you don’t want to miss an important message from your boss, spouse or parents. The ability to pin messages is a very useful feature for groups that coordinate their discussions over Telegram. Pinned messages keep chats accessible and in better order when you open the Telegram app.
Steps to pin a message on Telegram
Pinning a message on Telegram is easy and fast. Once you pin it, it will appear at the top when you open your app. It will have a different color so that you can easily know that you have to open it. When a new message arrives after the pinned message, it will not be sent down. Using this feature, you can pin more than one message at a time. Follow these steps to pin a message on Telegram:
- Open your Telegram app. Its icon looks like a white paper plane on blue background. You will easily find it in your apps drawer or your home screen.
- The groups that can support message pinning are called supergroups. If you have not converted your group into a supergroup yet, you will have to do so now.
- Tap on the group to which you want to pin the messages. If you have not used this group for a while, the group must have gone to the bottom of your screen. You will need to scroll down till the end in order to find it below.
- Once you find the group, tap on the message that you want to pin.
- You will see a pop-up message. This message will give you three options, first to ‘Pin to top’, second to ‘Clear history’ and third to ‘Delete’ it. You have to select the ‘Pin to top’ option.
- You will see a confirmation message, saying that you have successfully pinned your message on Telegram.
- Select whether you want to send notifications to members of the pin or not. If you want the member to receive notification about pinning a message, then you can select a check box next to ‘Notify All Members’. If you don’t want that to happen, you can remove the check mark from the same box.
- In the end, tap on the OK button. By following these instructions, you can pin a message to the top on Telegram.
Steps to convert a group into supergroup
Only supergroups can support message pinning, for which you will have to convert your existing group into a supergroup. In addition to message pinning, you will also be able to see entire history of the chat, delete messages for other chat members and include as many as 20,000 members in the group. Follow these instructions to upgrade a Telegram group into a supergroup:
- Open your Telegram app.
- Find the group in your chats list that you want to upgrade to a supergroup.
- Tap on the group, after which your group chat will open in full-screen.
- If you were previously viewing a Telegram conversation, you may see the same screen when you open the app. If that happens to you, hit the back button to go back to your list of chats.
- Tap the name of the group that you want to convert into supergroup. You will find the group’s name on the top of the group conversation. Tapping on the group name will open up the info page of the group.
- Here you will see an icon with three vertical dots. Mostly, this icon can be seen on the upper right corner of your group info page. Clicking on the three dots icon will open up a drop-down menu.
- In the drop down menu, you will see an option to ‘Convert to Supergroup’. Tap on this option, after which you will see a warning pop-up page.
- Tap OK on the warning page. This will confirm your wish to convert the group into a supergroup. Now, you can pin your messages, delete messages, see chat history and add up to 20,000 members in the supergroup.
What Makes Telegram a Preferred Messaging App Over Others?
As compared to most other messenger apps, Telegram offers higher security and privacy using encryption technique. It is fast, and you can use it to receive and send video files as big as 1024 MB. Chats consume only a few bytes of data and you can personalize your chats by a number of sounds and backgrounds. The app is completely free to download and use, even without any irritating ads. It provides unlimited cloud storage space, so that you can store your data on cloud and never lose it. You may access your app from more than one device at a time. It also gives secret chats option with which you can secretly chat with a person without involving any other person to view the messages.
The Telegram app has a self-destruct feature with which the secret messages are not stored on the cloud and they are instantly destroyed so that no one can access them later. It also gives real-time support to its users, so that you can contact Telegram for any questions you come up while using the app. They also have an ‘Ask’ option under its ‘Settings’, which you can use to ask anything related to the app. All these features and many more make Telegram a high-end messenger app that is more preferable than other messenger apps available out there.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Pin a Message on Telegram, we recommend you visit our Internet category.