How to Get Verified on Instagram For Free
If you are an Instagram user you’ve surely noticed the ‘‘blue star tick’’, otherwise known as an Instagram verified symbol on some profiles, otherwise known as the Instagram verification symbol. If your Instagram has been verified, it means that you are an authentic public figure account and you receive extra security protection and benefits.
But, how can I verify my Instagram account? In order to verify an Instagram account, you need to meet specific requirements. For more about what these are, keep reading here at oneHOWTO where we present you with out step by step to verifying Instagram account.
Instagram verified symbol: what does it mean?
An Instagram verified badge indicates that an Instagram account has been verified and is official and/or authentic. It’s important to know that not everyone is eligible for Instagram verification. In general, Instagram verification is only confirmed if you are famous, a public figure, an influencer or a well-known brand, i.e: you need to be ‘important enough’ to warrant this verification.
Instagram verified emoji: benefits
- Instagram credibility: having a verified Instagram account offers you credibility. Being verified on Instagram means that you are considered as an official channel or brand. This verification allows people to distinguish between real or fan/fraud accounts.
- Honesty and transparency: Another advantage of Instagram verification is that you can avoid scams, especially useful for brands and companies. Once a company or brand has been verified, no other user can issue fake coupons, promotions or attribute products that are not original to the brand. If you’re trying to promote your business on Instagram, we recommend reading our article where we discuss how Instagram can help a business.
- Instagram positioning: one of the most prominent benefits of an Instagram account is increased visibility and positioning on this social media network. Verified accounts will immediately appear in first position when searched, either as a recommended account or in a specific search.
- Increased Instagram followers: Due to the fact that you are offered more visibility, are better positioned and appear more credible, the likeliness of increased followers to your page increases.
For more, we recommend reading our article about how to get followers on Instagram fast and ethically.
How to get verified on Instagram permanently
Although verified Instagram accounts are generally only offered to famous people and brands, they can also be verified for other Instagram profile-types. However, in order for this to happen, it is necessary to meet a series of requirements for a Instagram account to be verified. These Instagram verification requirements include:
- Rules: the Instagram account comply with Instagram service conditions and community regulations. This means that accounts which do not abide by Instagram rules will not be verified.
- Authenticity: it is necessary that the Instagram account is run by a real person or company.
- Unique account: in order for an Instagram account to be verified, it is necessary that the account is unique sot that the account cannot be duplicated.
- Public profile: Instagram also requires that the account is completely public profile (private accounts are not verified) with a profile picture, personal data and minimum publication. To verify that the information is not false, Instagram will also check linked social networks like Facebook.
- Relevance: verification is easier and faster if the Instagram account is relevant; that is, if it is a brand, a celebrity or a well-known person. Technically, there is a possibility that your account could be verified even if you are not famous, however, this is not as common. In addition, verification for unknown users is much more complicated and can take some time.
For more about fake Instagram accounts, we recommend reading our article where we list ways to know if an Instagram account is fake.
How to get verified on Instagram for free
If you meet the requirements mentioned in the previous section, you can try to have Instagram account verified. So, if you are wondering ‘‘How to verify my Instagram account’’, follow this step by step:
- Open your Instagram and go to your profile.
- Click on the 'Options' icon that appears in the upper right part of the screen (a three-striped icon).
- In the drop-down menu , click on the 'Settings' button and select 'Account'.
- Click on the option 'Request verification'
- In the page that will open, you will have to fill in the information fields: user name, first and last name, artistic name, etc.
- After filling all the fields, press the 'Send'.
After a few days, you should receive a message from the Instagram verification service which will tell you if your verification has been denied or accepted. If you’ve your Instagram verification form has been accepted, expect your Instagram verification badge to appear! If you’ve received a denied Instagram verification, it means that your profile did not meet the above mentioned requirements.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Get Verified on Instagram For Free, we recommend you visit our Internet category.