How to Save Instagram Photos on PC
Instagram is one of the most popular social network platforms in the world. Over the last few years, it has gained immense popularity and favoritism among the masses. This social media platform gives you get a chance to post photos, follow celebrity or individual accounts, gain inspiration and promote your own business.
One thing about Instagram that some people like and others don’t, is that it does not allow users to save Instagram photos. While browsing through photos on other social media platforms, you have the option to long press the photo and click on ‘Save Image’ button. But no such button is available in Instagram. In order to respect users’ privacy and copyright, you are actually not technically allowed to save an image from Instagram. But here at oneHOWTO, we have done some research and have collected a bunch of options to show you how to save Instagram photos on PC.
Saving your own Instagram photos on PC
There are many people who want to take pictures from their mobile phones, share them over Instagram and then keep them saved on their PC. If you have the original pictures on your mobile phone, you can easily transfer them from your phone to your PC by connecting both devices through a USB cable. But if you want to save photos directly from your Instagram account, then you would need to enable a specific feature that is turned off by default on Instagram. Here are the step by step instructions that you should follow in order to save your own Instagram photos onto your PC:
- Open your Instagram account from the Instagram app on your mobile phone.
- If you are not logged in to your account by default, log in to it by entering your username and password.
- Once you have opened the app, open the Settings icon that is present on the top left corner of your app. By doing this, you will enter your Instagram profile page.
- Here, you will see the ‘Save Original Photos’ feature that is turned off by default. You have to turn it on.
- Once you have turned this feature on, your pictures will be automatically saved on your Camera Roll with the album named as ‘Instagram’ in your Gallery.
- Now that you have your pictures in your phone’s Gallery, you can connect your phone with your PC using a USB cable and transfer the images easily.
On the other hand, if you want to save your pictures from your Instagram account directly onto your PC, then you will have to follow a different procedure. Since Instagram does not allow anyone to save pictures from their website, you need to understand some intricacies of coding. Don’t worry. It’s not that difficult, and oneHOWTO will make it even easier for you. Here are the step by step instructions:
- Visit the Instagram website at Instagam.com.
- Enter your username and password to log in to your Instagram account.
- Find the photo that you want to save.
- Right click on your selected photo.
- If you are using Google Chrome web browser, go to Settings and select ‘View Page Source’. You will be directed to a new page that is filled with codes.
- Type Ctrl + F and search ‘.jpg’ images. The first link that you will see highlighted would be the picture that you wanted to save.
- Copy the link of the image that must be beginning with “https://” until “.jpg”.
- Open a new tab in your web browser and copy the link.
- Hit enter and you will see the picture.
- Right click on the picture and save it wherever you want in your PC.
Another method you can opt for is to sync your Facebook account with your Instagram account. Once you do this, every image that you post on Instagram will also be posted on Facebook. From there, you can easily find the picture, right click on it and save it to your Gallery. For more take a look at our article on: How to Link My Instagram To Facebook.
How to save someone else’s Instagram photos on your PC
Saving your own Instagram images can be done by simple tweaking the settings a little bit. However, it’s not that easy if you want to save someone else’s photos on Instagram. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t do it. In such a situation, you have two options.
- Method 1 to save image from Instagram: Open Instagram on your PC, open the picture you want to save and take a screenshot of the screen. Then, open the screenshot, crop the bottom and top of the image and save it in your hard disk drive. You can follow the same steps to save a photo in your mobile phone gallery. Then, transfer it to your PC using a USB cable or through email.
- Method 2 to save image from Instagram: Search for the same person on Facebook. Check if he or she has posted the same photo on Facebook too. If yes, right click the photo and save. If not, you can visit their profile page and check if they have enabled Instagram syncing on their account. If yes, then you should be able to find an Instagram album on their profile page. You can open that album and save the picture from there.
Saving Instagram photos on your PC (in bulk)
The above mentioned methods are easy if you want to save only a few selected photos on your PC. But it can get a bit complicated if you want to save a bigger number of photos from Instagram, such as an entire album.
In order to do this, you will need to use specific software tools. You will have to download this tools from an external source onto your PC. If HTML code is not your cup of tea, then you may use different software tools to save Instagram photos to your PC in bulk. There are numerous programs at your disposal, which include 4K Stogram and InstaSave.
In order to use these programs, you will have to first download your selected program onto your PC. Then, you can follow these instructions to save images from Instagram in bulk:
- Open the program and enter the Instagram photo or username link in it.
- Once the photos start coming up, select the photos several at a time.
- Click on ‘Save’ button to save the selected photos.
Most of these programs offer a free trial for a limited period of time or limited number of images. If you want to use the program without any limits, you will need to pay.
How to view saved images from Instagram on PC
If you have a Mac PC, you can view your bookmarked images with the help of Flume, the free desktop application. It has a very user-friendly interface and is comfortable to use. Follow these instructions to view saved photos on Mac PC:
- Open the Flume app.
- Visit your profile by clicking on the menu that becomes visible when you point your mouse towards the bottom of your screen.
- Click on the bookmarks icon at the top of your screen.
- Your bookmarks will open up, where you can view the photos you saved, as well as your personal collections.
If you have a Windows PC, install the official Instagram app that you can find on Windows 10 app store. This app gives a user an experience similar to Mac’s Flume. Launch the Instagram app on your Windows PC and visit your profile where you can view your saved collections and photos.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Save Instagram Photos on PC, we recommend you visit our Internet category.