How To Get Weather Channel Widget
The weather can be very unpredictable. Any sudden change can be a real hindrance, especially if you are out of house. If you are planning an outing or if you are away on a business trip, simple information about upcoming weather can help you stay prepared. If there are unfavorable weather conditions coming up, you can avoid going out altogether or at least bring the appropriate clothes with you. Since people now completely depend on their smartphones and tablets for everything going on in their lives, the Weather Channel widget installed on their device can keep them be informed and prepared. Read this oneHOWTO article to find out how to get Weather Channel Widget, along with other helpful information.
What is The Weather Channel widget?
Weather Channel is an easy and simple widget which you can install on your mobile device to stay updated about current and future weather conditions. You can rely on this application to when you need to pack your luggage for a big trip or even if it's worth nipping out for some groceries instead of ordering in. It was developed by The Weather Channel, based in Brookhaven, Georgia, US.
It has been installed around 100 million times to date, it is one of the most reliable and trustworthy sources of information about weather. It is available to be installed and used on a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktop computers, iPads, iPhones etc. Getting it on your device can keep you tension-free, as you won't need to worry about sudden weather changes during the day.
What Information Does Weather Channel Widget Provides?
As far as current weather conditions are concerned, The Weather Channel widget gives you very accurate information about the weather, dew point, humidity, wind speed, sunrise and sunset, visibility, barometric pressure, UV index and much more. It will also give you an idea of what the weather conditions are, as well as an idea of what they feel like. You can track hourly weather forecasts in Fahrenheit and Celsius, along with how the weather would be like in the coming weekend and over the next 15 days. Along with these, you can do the following:
- Track any upcoming hurricanes and tropical storms well in advance, so that you can stay prepared for them
- View wind speeds, water temperature, snow covers and others on satellite and road views provided by the Weather Maps feature
- Know about seasonal road conditions, tides, weather trends and weather forecasts in the destinations you are heading to
- Receive warnings and notifications about hurricanes, tornadoes and severe storms issued by the government
- Receive latest local and national weather news alerts
- Get real-time alerts about lightning strikes taking place near your GPS location
- Receive daily precipitation and rain reports in your favorite areas
- Find out the pollen count near you, so that you can stay safe from any pollen allergies
What’s So Special About the Widget?
Unlike most other weather related widgets, The Weather Channel has some of the most amazing tools and features you can use to get the latest information about current and upcoming weather conditions. For instance, if you plan to go for a run, then you can use the ‘Outdoors’ mode of the widget. It provides expert information about when you should run, how long should you run for and what you should wear according to the weather conditions.
You may create a notification bar in your widget, where you will see current temperatures and weather conditions of all your favorite locations across the globe. The widget can be set in 1x1, 2x2, 1x4 and 4x4 sizes. You can watch HD streamed videos of local forecasts, weather changes and other related topics through the app. The app and widget are user-friendly and the screenshots look beautiful too. You have the option to set different background pictures to match your weather conditions as well. It will cause your home screen to change its view as per the weather, location and time of the day. If a hurricane, storm or tornado is approaching, you will also receive safety tips to keep you safe.
How to Get Weather Channel Widget on Different Devices and Platforms
Since Weather Channel is such an amazing and useful widget, it's a great addition to your app services. This is whether you are using an Android device, an iPhone or any other platform. Follow the instructions to get the widget on your device:
Google Play Store is the place from where you can get all applications for your Android device. Whether you are using an Android enabled smart phone or a tablet device, you can visit Google Play Store from your computer or open the Google Play Store app on your Android device. Follow these step by step instructions:
- After opening Google Play Store, type ‘The Weather Channel’ in the search box and click on ‘Go’ or ‘Enter’
- Look for the blue icon that has ‘The Weather Channel’ written inside it
- Open that app
- Once it opens, you will be able to get all the information regarding the app’s compatibility, size, reviews, developer information and others
- You will see an ‘Install’ button at the top
- Click on that button and wait for installation process to complete
- Once the app installs on your device, open it, set your preferences and start using it imediately
If you are using an Apple device, whether an iPhone or iPad, you can download the app on it by visiting the App Store. Open the App Store from your device and follow these instructions:
- Once you open the App Store, search for ‘The Weather Channel’ application, and look for the blue icon
- Click on the icon, read the information and tap the ‘Install’ button
- Wait for the installation process to complete
- Open the app once installed, set your settings and preferences and get going
On Windows Desktop or Laptop:
You can get the widget on your Windows laptop or desktop from the Windows Store. Follow these instructions to get it:
- Visit the website www.microsoft.com
- Search for ‘The Weather Channel’ on the Windows Store
- Check the system requirements
- If it is compatible with your desktop or laptop, click on the ‘Get the app’ button
- Wait for the app to get installed on your device
- Once it installs completely, open the app and change the settings as per your requirements and preferences
- You can pin it to your taskbar and get latest updates right on your desktop
How to Get Weather Channel Widget on your Home Screen
Installing the Weather Channel app is the start, but you should have its widget on your home screen in order to access it quickly. Follow these instructions to get it on your home screen:
- Long press anywhere on the empty space on your home screen
- A new pop up will appear, from where you have to select ‘Apps and Widgets’ or any other tab which means similar in your device
- Tap on ‘Widgets’
- Keep sliding over until you find the ‘Weather Channel’ widget
- Click on the arrow in the right-upper corner of the widget. This will expand your settings and preferences
- Choose your settings and long press on the widget. This will select the widget and you will be able to drag it to your home screen
- You can drag it to any place on your screen as per your personal liking
- It will show the current temperature by default. You can access more options by clicking on the widget and exploring
The Weather Channel app is really useful and, while no one can perfectly predict the weather, it is thought to be relatively accurate. Use it when you really need to how if it's going to be nice out or not.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Get Weather Channel Widget, we recommend you visit our Internet category.