How to Hide Apps on iPhone and iPad
For most people hiding apps is not an option but rather a necessity. Especially if you are a professional user or a businessman then you would like to hide apps which are related to banking and stock marketing. This is very important as you need to protect your assets from cheats and frauds. Also, if you have children then you might consider hiding some of your gaming apps. To know how to use the hide option on iPhone and iPad keep reading this OneHowTo article: How to hide apps on iPhone and iPad.
Hiding Apps on iPhone and iPad
The first thing you'll learn is to hide apps on both iOS8 and iOS 9 iPhones and iPads. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Choose the app you would like to hide. Select it and hold it.
- All the apps are now shacked i.e. a cross sign appears in a bubble in every app’s top left corner. Then press on the app you would like to hide.
- Then tap on the home button of your iPhone or iPad.
- Then tap and hold the app you want to hide and at the same time press the home button twice.
- The screen will change and browser screen will appear. Choose the browser screen.
- Then press the home screen again. This will hide the app from your iPhone or iPad.
- If you want to use the hidden app, simply swipe down your screen. A search box will appear. In the search box write the name of the app you have hidden and soon it will appear. After using it when you will close the app it will still be hidden.
Hiding Folders on iPhone and iPad
You should know that you can also hide folders on iOS8 & iOS 9 apps. Take a look at how it's done:
- Choose the folder you want to hide. Then tap on it and hold. Without releasing the folder, press on the home button.
- The screen of your iPhone or iPad will change and all the screens will appear in it. Among all the screens choose the app browser screen.
- The folder you have selected to hide will appear in water mark at the bottom of the iPhone or iPad strip.
- Finally press the home screen once again. When you will open the app browser you will find that the folder you had chosen had been hidden.
- To find the hidden folder, swipe down the screen of the iPhone or iPad. A search box will appear. There write the name of your hidden folder and then you can access it.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Hide Apps on iPhone and iPad, we recommend you visit our Electronics category.