How to Monetize YouTube Videos
With the advent of technology, new innovative ways are emerging through which we can earn money. They are a bit unconventional but extremely interesting. One of these ways is through YouTube, a platform that gives anyone the chance to earn money by creating videos. There is an unimaginable number of people whose source of income is through the viral videos of YouTube. But people are often confused as to how a video can help you earn money. To help you, we have written this oneHOWTO article on how to monetize YouTube videos.
How to earn some extra money by monetizing your YouTube account is often a mystery for some people. To clear these doubts, we will tell you how YouTube can be a source of income.
On YouTube, you put up videos either for fun, for a specific cause or any other type of entertainment. The videos you upload should be copyright free. If your video fails to comply with this, then you will not be able to get the video monetized. If it violates the copyright of YouTube then there will be no AdSense for that particular video. Each ad click will generate an income for you and each view will also generate income but less than the income through ad click.
Most importantly, there are two factors which will affect your earning. The first one is the type of ads and the second one is the pricing of the ads.
Types of ads displayed in YouTube
There are different ad formats available on YouTube. Choosing the right ad can affect the views and revenue. But if you are in a doubt then choose all the Ad formats. This will take the burden off you as it will be up to YouTube now to choose and decide which one or how many of the ads will be displayed. The various types of Ads format are as follows:
When you open YouTube on your desktop, display ads appear on the right side of the videos. These ads are of size 300 x 250 or 300 x 60.
Skippable Video Ads
When you open YouTube, usually an ad appears at the beginning of a video. These full sized ads come with the tag that can be skipped after 5 seconds. These ads are called skippable video ads. They can be inserted anywhere in the video i.e. in the beginning, end or in between the video too.
Overlay ads appear on YouTube only when we access it through a desktop device. These ads appear at the lower end of the video. It is of two sizes : 468 x 60 or 728 x 90.
Sponsored cards are display cards which feature products in the video. It is displayed on both desktop and mobile.
Steps to monetize youtube videos
No matter what type of ad you choose for your video, follow this step by step guide to monetize your videos and make Youtube your side hustle:
- At first, click on your YouTube account icon. Now go to your YouTube dashboard and then to 'Creator Studio'.
- Next, from the Creator Studio dashboard, you need to go to the 'Channel' page. It is located under the Channel menu on the left sidebar.
- If you are wondering about the payment, then go to FAQ section. From there you will get a detailed answer as to what are the steps for payment are.
- Finally, click on the Monetization option. Fill in all to options including your country, your channel's keywords, and a link to your AdWords account by adding your Customer ID (you should create an account if you don't have one correctly).
- Now open the google account with which you have enabled AdWords. This google account will also be the one that is associate with the channel.
- After logging in, you will find a message. There click on 'Accept' the association on the page.
- That’s it. Now you will be redirected to your YouTube account
- Once your videos are eligible for monetization, the upload sign will show a green box with dollar sign beside the videos.
- Now you must associate an AdWords account to your YouTube channel. The AdWords account can be set up for free i.e. there is no charge. To set the adWords account, you will need: a bank account or paypal account and a valid mailing address.
- After this you just need to wait and watch. Once your account is verified, AdWords will update you using mails.
Now you have the necessary tools, learn how to be a popular Youtuber that makes money by becoming an influencer!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Monetize YouTube Videos, we recommend you visit our Internet category.