How to Change the Google Icon in Chrome
According to the most recent survey, Google Chrome has the largest market share of any web browser in the world. In fact, it has a majority over all other web browsers combined and it doesn't look to be slowing down anytime soon. Its popularity stems from its efficacy. The search engine attached to the browser has the most data accumulation, so it is one of the most effective search tools. Moreover, it is user friendly, intuitive and customizable. Customization can come in many ways, including changing the Google icon on the homepage.
At oneHOWTO, we show you how to change the Google icon in Chrome. These methods will help you modify the logo quickly and safely, without having to download third part apps or add-ons which can pose security threats to your computer. We show you how it is done on Windows, Mac and mobile devices.
How to change the Google icon in Windows
Changing the Chrome icon on a desktop computer with Windows operating system is possible without having to download any external programs. To change the Google icon in Google Chrome for Windows, you have to follow these steps:
- Access Google Chrome from your computer.
- Think about what icon you want to replace the Google logo with. If you want to chane it to something anime related, write in the images tab of the search engine words related to the icon that you will use as a replacement. For example, if you are a fan of Dragon Ball Z, type the phrase ‘Dragon Ball icon’. You should always add ‘icon’ regardless of the icon of the series you want to use.
- The most recommended format of the image that will replace the Google icon is PNG, with a maximum size of 512 pixels. It should be circular.
- Later, go to the Convertico home page.
- On this page, click on the option to upload your .png file. You can also drag them from the image download folder on your PC.
- On the right side of the screen, you will see that the image of the icon that you dropped or dragged in the previous step is loaded. Click to download it.
- Right click on on the Google icon. You will find it in the desktop shortcut or in your Program Files. Then click on properties.
- In the small window that will open, select ‘Change Icon’ and then ‘Browse’. At this point, you will be able to choose the downloaded image in the .ico format.
- Finally, click ‘OK’ and then ‘Apply’.
With this method, you can customize Google by changing the icon for the one you want. When you want to recover the traditional Google icon, you download it and follow the procedure outlined above from step 7. Choose the downloaded image of the classic icon and apply the change.
How to change the Google icon on Mac
Do you have a Mac computer from Apple? The procedure for changing the Google icon on Mac is different from that on Windows. If you want to change the Google icon on Chrome on a Mac computer, you will need to:
- Click on the ‘Finder’ icon in the Dock.
- Find the icon you want to use for Google Chrome. If you don't have any you want to use, do a search for free Mac icons online. You can also search ‘Google Chrome icon on Mac’ in the search engine.
- Click on the ‘Go’ menu located at the top of the desktop. Then go to ‘Applications’.
- Select the Google Chrome icon and click the ‘Get Info’ option.
- The ‘Google Chrome Information’ window will open. The current Google logo will be displayed in the upper left corner of this window.
- Drag the newly chosen icon in the Finder window to the icon in the upper left corner of ‘Google Chrome Info’. Drop the new icon here and the window will change, now displaying the new logo.
- Finally, close the ‘Google Chrome Information’ window.
How to change the Google icon on mobile
If you want to change the Google Chrome icon to something else, you can do this on mobile as well as desktop. We will say this is easier to do on Android than it is on iPhone. On the iPhone, you will need to download a third party app if you have iOS 14 or greater.
On Android devices, there are more options for personalization. You can download icons or personalized wallpapers more easily. Each type of customization has its own process, but here are the general steps you need to follow to change the Google Chrome app icon on a mobile device:
- Open the themes app and look for the icon pack.
- Download the icons to apply them.
- Themes are located in the Android settings. Access to find the icons section.
- Choose the theme you prefer to change the Google icon and apply the modification.
If you can't find the themes because your smartphone manufacturer doesn't have any, go to Android launchers like Microsoft Launcher or Nova Launcher. Access the section to customize the settings of the launcher you have chosen, enter the icon packs option and click on one of the downloaded ones to use it as a new Google icon. You can use the same process for other Google apps such as the Google Maps icon for its application.
Now you know how to change the Google Chrome icon, you might want to learn more about using Google software. If so, the following articles should be helpful:
If you want to read similar articles to How to Change the Google Icon in Chrome, we recommend you visit our Internet category.