How to Know if Someone Blocked You on Telegram
Instant messaging has become second nature to us all. Everyone uses instant message apps to communicate. Telegram is one of these popular apps that allow us to communicate with friends and family in a very easy way. However, sometimes you might find people you don't want to talk to and you choose to block them. But you can also find yourself in the opposite situation. There might be someone that has blocked you for some reason and you might not know. If you suspect someone has blocked you on Telegram don't miss out this OneHowTo article and find out how to know if someone blocked you on Telegram.
Before knowing about the block option in Telegram let’s have a look at some of the features in this app which makes it unique from others.
- Telegram is open source and totally ad free.
- It is cloud based and it has automatic syncing which means you can manage it even from your desktop browser.
- Its messages are heavily encrypted, which makes it very safe. The creators of the app have even offered a reward of $200,000 to the person who can crack their encryption.
- Telegram offers the option of creating a group with up to 200 contacts.
- It provides the option of blocking message forwarding i.e. you can block someone from forwarding your messages
- Telegram’s secret chat uses end-to-end encryption and it doesn’t leave any trace on the servers. That means once you delete the secret chats you can never retrieve them. It even notifies if someone takes a screenshot and gives you the option to set any secret chat to self-destruct.
Telegram vs Whatsapp
Whatsapp is undoubtedly the giant in instant messaging. However, Telegram is the ultimate Whatsapp alternative.With this said, Whatsapp has 1 billion active monthly users while Telegram has just 100 million. 350,000 new users sign up to telegram each day.
Let's compare the different advantages of Telegram and Whatsapp.
Advantages of Telegram:
- Telegram offers an invite to group chat feature, while Whatsapp automatically adds you to a group.
- Its secret chat feature lets you have a conversation with end-to-end encryption.
- Its username feature allows you to talk to several people, without giving your phone number away.
- Multi-device access.
- You can have conversations with up to 1000 people.
- Lock chats and ability to hide last seen for particular contact
Advantages of Whatsapp:
- You can call your contacts via your mobile data or wifi connection.
- You can edit your status. This comes in handy if you want to tell a group of people something.
- The ability to format texts. A lot of people don't know about this. You can now format texts in Bold (*text*), Italics (_text_), Bold & Italic (*_text_*) and strike through (~text~).
- Backup your chats. Whatsapp has always provided this but now you can backup chats to your Google Drive.
We at oneHOWTO are big fans of both apps. But, for you Telegram users, lets finally get onto discovering how to know if someone has blocked you.
How to know whether you are blocked or not?
In every messenger app people are at the risk of being abused by someone or someone who you don’t like may contact you. Due to this, Telegram has presented a block option. But as well as you blocking others, someone may block you and then how will you know that you are blocked? You will find the answer if following things happen:
- Last connection: last seen is a long time ago.
- You are sending messages and that person does not read your messages.
- You cannot see that person’s profile picture.
All these conditions are met when you are blocked. If the person doesn't answer you but you can still see that person's profile picture, then simply that person doesn't want to speak to you for whatever reason.
If you feel that you are still not sure that the person had blocked you or not then simply give that number to someone else. Then ask that person whether he/she can see the profile picture or last connection. If the person’s answer is in affirmative then you have definitely been blocked.
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Know if Someone Blocked You on Telegram, we recommend you browse around our Internet category.