How to Hide Likes on Your Instagram Feed
You may have found that Instagram has started to hide your likes, but this will depend on which version of Instagram you use, as well as where you live. For some, it is still possible to hide likes on your own posts, as well as stop seeing the likes from other users. The reasons why you might want to do this are varied, but many people find it helpful because it stops them being competitive with others. In this way, it can help alleviate some of the mental stress using social networks like Instagram can cause.
At oneHOWTO, we show you how to hide likes on your Instagram feed. We show you step-by-step methods on how to hide likes on Instagram for your posts and those from other users.
Why can't I hide likes on Instagram?
Personal satisfaction and the feeling of being loved for getting a large number of likes in your publications is positive if you give it the right importance, i.e. not very much. This feeling is not representative of your daily reality, so an obsession with likes can become a real mental issue. To avoid possible disruptions, removing Instagram likes is an option available to all users. Many people do not know how to do it or make mistakes due to ignorance. One of the reasons you can't hide the likes of your posts is that you've probably tried to disable the option automatically.
How to remove Instagram likes?
There is no function to remove Instagram likes from all posts. To ensure they do not appear in any of your posts, you must deactivate the option on each of them. In addition, you can choose to simply leave the ones you don't mind having likes alone.
Another reason why you may not be able to hide likes on Instagram is that you have tried to access your account on another device, such as your laptop or tablet. The design of the app is very focused for use on mobile devices, so it will be more difficult for you to follow the steps to deactivate the likes on Instagram correctly in each publication.
Ensuring you have the right update for the app is important as this will affect what you can and cannot do. For this reason, our article on why Instagram won't update may be helpful to you.
How to hide Instagram likes
The Instagram app is constantly updated to improve its functionality and give the best possible service to users. One new feature of the social network is the option to hide the likes of another user. In this way, the likes of the publications that usually appear in your feed will be gone.
To make likes disappear from photos posted by people you follow, use this step-by-step method:
- Open the Instagram application on your mobile device.
- Access your profile in the app.
- You will find a 3-line menu in the upper right area of the screen. Tap on this menu.
- A new menu will open which allows you to click on Settings.
- Select the Privacy option.
- Click on the Publications section.
- On the menu page, scroll until you find the ‘Hide Like’ feature next to ‘View counts’. Tap the option to activate it.
Once you finish the process, update your feed and check that the likes do not appear in any of the publications displayed on the screen. Otherwise, you may have made a mistake, so you must repeat the previous steps.
Hiding likes on Instagram are also possible on your own posts. You just have to follow these steps in each of the photos you publish:
- Open the Instagram application on your mobile and access your profile.
- Tap the cross icon to create a post.
- Upload a video or image and select Next.
- Click on Advanced Settings once the New Post page is open. You will find it at the bottom of the screen in small type.
- Another page will open where you will find different options such as hiding comments from other users, sharing posts on Facebook and hiding the number of likes.
- Tap the toggle to turn on Hide likes and counts for that post.
- Go back and post the image or video.
- With the function activated, Instagram users will not be able to see the total number of likes for the post, even if they have not deactivated this option in their profile.
- If you want to activate the feature after posting, tap the 3-dot menu at the top right of the screen and select ‘Hide like count’.
To troubleshoot more issues with your app, check out our article on why your Instagram filters aren't showing.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Hide Likes on Your Instagram Feed, we recommend you visit our Internet category.