How to Remove Search History on Instagram
Nowadays, the Internet has become a totally globalized phenomenon. We no longer only use the internet at home, on our desktop or laptop, but thanks to portable devices we can search, post and like from anywhere! In addition, within these technological advances we also have to include that of social networks like Facebook and Instagram, which we use daily.
In fact, Instagram has become one of the most popular forms of social media in the world. A large part of the searches that we used to do on web pages, we now do on social networks. These include finding; food recipes, solutions for problems at home, DIY, tips for exercising, etc, which are all shared through; photos, videos and Instagram stories. But for whatever reason, you might want to clear your search history. If you don’t know how to do this, keep reading here at oneHOWTO to find out how to delete your search history on Instagram.
How to clear search history on Instagram
Why would it be necessary to delete an Instagram search history? Did you know that the moment that you search for something on Instagram, this data will link to your suggested content, and will appear as a related search.
Have you ever noticed that when scrolling through your Instagram feed, advertisements might appear which relate exactly to what you may have searched for the day before? If, for example, you have recently been looking for information about, how to make , let’s say, baked chicken, you might notice that your adverts on Instagram will then all be linked to baked chicken (in some way or another). If you are not interested in receiving such content (just because you looked it up once) the most obvious thing would be to delete your Instagram search history. By clearing your search history, you can guarantee that your feed is not filled with advertisements which you are not interested in.
In addition, maybe you don’t want others who have access to your Instagram to know what you have previously been searching for. If this is the case, knowing how to delete your search history on Instagram will be important. If you are on the other side of this story, you may actually want to know how to post an ad on Instagram. If so, take a look at our article on; How To Place An Ad On Instagram.
How to delete search history on Instagram: ios
Erasing your Instagram's search history is actually very simple. However, if you don’t know where to begin, it could be quite complicated. If you are not sure how to erase your Instagram search history, take a look at our step by step on how to do it;
- First, open your Instagram application (Instagram login).
- The first thing that will appear on your Instagram page is your feed and posts from your followers. At the bottom right hand of this page, click on your icon photo to enter your own Instagram profile page.
- Once you are on your profile, click on the three horizontal stripes on the top right hand side of the page. A menu will then open in the middle of the screen. Right at the bottom you wheel see a wheel, ‘Settings’, click and access.
- Once you have opened the configuration screen, scroll down to 'search history'. Click on it, and it will automatically take you ‘Clear Search History’.
- Once you click on this and agree to ‘Yes, i’m sure’’ all of your search history will be cleared. This will erase all of your previously searched; accounts, hashtags and locations. From here, you will notice that you will no longer stumble across related content to your searches when scrolling through your feed or ‘explore’ section.
You may also find our article on how to delete comments on Instagram interesting!
How to delete Instagram search history on Instagram: suggestions
If you do not want to delete your entire search history, you can hide this searched content;
- Go to your Instagram login and enter.
- This time, instead of going to your profile, go directly to your 'explore' section. To do this, click on the second icon that appears at the bottom of your screen, starting from the left, which corresponds to a magnifying glass.
- When you open the screen, you will see that at the top you will notice a line of pictures with related content right below your Instagram search option.
- If you want this line of suggestions to disappear, press down on the channel you want to mute and a pop-up will appear allowing you to mute the channel.
Instagram search history comes back
Your Instagram search history won’t clear? If you’ve tried to delete your search history but it keeps coming back, we recommend trying these following options:
- Restarting your phone.
- Making sure your Instagram has been updated.
- Logout and log back into Instagram.
- Clearing your Instagram app cache and data. Enter phone setting- App and notifications - App manager- select Instagram - click on storage and CLEAR CACHE or CLEAR DATA.
Now that you know how to delete Instagram search history, you may want to take a look at some of our other Instagram related articles:
If you want to read similar articles to How to Remove Search History on Instagram, we recommend you visit our Internet category.