how to know what graphics card i have on my laptop or PC
Graphics cards, also known as video cards or boards are basic components of computer equipment and are responsible for graphic data management. You might not know which graphics card is in your computer, which hinders you if you want to buy something compatible with your system. In this OneHowTo.com article we will see how to know what graphics card you have on your laptop or computer.
You'll see two ways to identify which graphics card is in your PC. The first for those whose operating system is Windows XP:
- Click on the Start menu.
- Find Control Panel and make sure we have the Categories view activated.
- In the "Categories" option, double click on "System".
- Choose the "Hardware" tab and click on "Device Manager".
- This will bring up a huge menu in a tree structure, choose the option Display adapters. There you will find the name, model etc. of your graphics card.
The other way to find out the graphics card is for those computers that use the operating system Windows 7:
- Press in the Start menu and then click on "Computer".
- At the top there's a taskbar, click on "System Properties".
- On the left side you can see the option"Device Manager", click on it.
- There's a menu in a tree structure, at the top there's the option "Display adapters".
- When clicked, the name of our graphics card will appear, right click and you can see its properties and characteristics.
The next step by step guide to know what graphics card you have is for those of you who have windows 8. So here is what you need to do:
- First of all, go to your Control Panel and click on " Display"
- Once on this screen look for "Change display settings". Click on this tab.
- On this page you'll have to look for " Advanced settings".
- This window will open the name of your graphics card. If you need to know more you can find out by clicking on properties.
In the case of Mac laptops and computers, Apple offers a description of the graphics card used on each of their laptops and computers by years and operating system. If you want to know what graphics card your mac has click here.
If you want to read similar articles to how to know what graphics card i have on my laptop or PC, we recommend you visit our Computers category.