How to Make White Backgrounds on Instagram Photos
Instagram is a great platform to share your photos and videos. Using the range of filters on Instagram you can make your photos look more interesting and professional. But what if you want to add a border to your picture in order to keep the right proportion of your pictures and you can avoid that annoying cropping effect.
In Instagram it used to only be possible to post square photos, but this has now changed. However if you still want to add a border to your image there are various apps which you can use to help you achieve this.
In this article oneHOWTO explain how to make white backgrounds and borders on Instagram photos.
How to Use Whitagram
The Whitagram app can be used to preserve the dimensions of a portrait or landscape photograph. Using Whitagram you can make your photos look cinematic. Whitagram is used when a person needs to show the original landscape aspect ratio of a photo. What this app does is it adds a white "letterbox" to a portrait or landscape photo, thus filling the background with white - just like in the picture below.
You can replace white with any other color of your choice too. This helps in showing the full widescreen effect of iPhone without having to crop the edges by Instagram. So, basically Whitagram makes a photo square by filling the background with white or another colour. The Whitagram app also allows adding frames and stickers along with creating some basic special effects. If you have the paid version of Whitagram then you can add labels to the photo too.
The white background on Instagram photos can also be added by Squaready. This helps in maintaining the original rectangular dimension and the impact of the photo in Instagram and will be really useful to make your own Christmas cards with Instagram. Squaready can be used in the following ways:
- At first open the desired rectangular photo in Squaready by selecting the import icon. To do this, select the import icon.
- Then you have to select the import source. This indicates the source from which you will import the photo. For example, if your photo is already in your iPhone then you should select Albums option. If you want to upload photo after clicking it then select the Camera+ option.
- Now you need to create layout for the photo. For this there are icons at the bottom of the screen. To add white margins on the side of your photo you should select the middle option.
- The option on the right will allow you to add extra white space on all four sides of the image. There are three different margin widths from which you can choose.
- The option on the left allows you to switch between two equal margins on either side of the photo, one large margin at the bottom or one large margin at the top.
- After the layout is created, click on the export icon at the top right corner. You can save the photo to Camera Roll or send it directly to Instagram by choosing the Instagram option.
Photo background for Instagram
As its name suggests this app is solely created to make borders for your pictures so they fit in the Instagram square format. Not only will you be able to add white borders to vertical and horizontal pictures on Instagram, you'll also be able to try out other patterns for your border such as stripes and even create a frame with other shapes.
This app also has its own filters and color selection so you know what color frame will make your picture stand out even more.
If you're a fashion blogger or just love overhead shots and lay flats, this app to create white backgrounds is what you're looking for, as it has up to 8 aspect ratios to crop your picture and its white balance feature will help you blend the edges with the pic. It is available for both Android and iPhone, and is one of the most professional tools following VSCO cam, as it has features such as a selective filter brush, HDR and a healing tool. It is also great to edit pictures directly from a camera as it can edit RAW DNG pictures, so you won't lose any quality in your shot!
Last but not least, Afterlight is the app that celebs use to create white borders and make their pictures look more perfect and clean. This app also allows you to edit your picture in other ways too, so if you're looking for an all-in-one app to edit your Instagram post, this is the app you're definitely looking for.
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Make White Backgrounds on Instagram Photos, we recommend you browse around our Internet category.