How to Accept WhatsApp New Terms and Conditions
WhatsApp, as its name in no way tries to hide, is an application. Specifically, it is a messaging application which also acts as a social network for millions of people across the world. As with any current app, it needs to constantly update to improve its features, ensure security and allow it to continue running on various devices. Some of these updates happen without our knowledge, while some require acceptance of new terms and conditions to proceed. The sizes of these changes vary, but some of the most significant become international news.
Many users may have seen a screen pop up requiring them to accept the new conditions. Instead of accepting the new WhatsApp policy, they can choose to tap the X and not accept. At oneHOWTO, we explain how to accept WhatsApp new terms and conditions. In doing so, you can find out what they are and what accepting them does for you as a user.
How to accept the new WhatsApp policy
Whether you should accept new WhatsApp terms and conditions depends solely on each user. The application offers this possibility to all registered accounts with a notice displayed on the screen of the mobile device when accessing the app. It does not force them to accept them to continue using the app in the short term even if the functions are limited.
Before deciding whether to accept them or not, you should know what the new WhatsApp conditions are. The main changes are as follows:
- Company connectivity: optionally, users will be able to talk and be in contact with a greater number of companies through WhatsApp. You will be able to communicate effectively and quickly using the messaging service, rather than just email and telephone.
- Customer service: WhatsApp simplifies the procedure for chatting with businesses located on Facebook. Every time a company uses this service, the application will notify it in chat.
- Shopping: companies and businesses with stores hosted on Instagram or Facebook will be able to have their own store in the WhatsApp company profile. Thus, they will be able to make sales and display their products in the app.
- Discover companies: users who click on a company to contact it through WhatsApp, allow this information that is used to display personalized ads on Facebook.
WhatsApp has also clarified some doubts that have arisen regarding the privacy of users as a result of the new conditions offered. In this sense, the application has indicated that there will be no change because the accounts have an end-to-end encryption system.
On the other hand, the app has also made it clear that:
- It will not include any type of record about who makes calls or who sends messages or regarding the corresponding recipients.
- You will also not see shared locations between contacts unless they agree to it.
- Chat groups will be private as before.
Process to accept the new WhatsApp conditions
Find out how to accept the new WhatsApp conditions on iPhone and Android by following these steps:
- Access the application from your mobile device.
- Click on the Continue option to open another window in which you can read an explanation about the use of the app. It will also detail how companies classify their chats.
- To accept the new conditions, tap the Accept button to accept them and continue enjoying all the functions of WhatsApp.
When to accept the WhatsApp conditions
Some users doubt whether they have already accepted the new conditions of the application. How do I know if I have already accepted the new WhatsApp conditions? It is a more frequent question than you might imagine. In fact, you may have considered it yourself at some point.
Luckily, the platform offers different options to find out:
- If you have not accepted them, they will show you small windows at the top of the chats to encourage you to accept the new conditions.
- You will also be able to see statuses in which all the information about the new conditions and policies of WhatsApp are displayed.
If the above options do not appear on the screen:
- Open the application settings menu.
- Access the ‘Help’ and ‘Application information’ tab.
- You will see the pop-up window and you can accept the new conditions.
The platform implemented a major new terms and conditions update and privacy allowance in 2021, but there will be new updates in the future. Not accepting them implies that, as the weeks go by, their functions are increasingly limited. WhatsApp wants you to accept this new policy and will make it difficult for you not to. Even if WhatsApp does not delete your account, it will take the following measures:
- From the beginning, you will not be able to enter the chat list. You can only read and respond to messages in the notifications you receive, as well as answer calls or video calls.
- Weeks later, you will not be able to receive notifications or calls on WhatsApp. Therefore, it will be rendered useless for all practical purposes.
The deadline for when you have to update the WhatsApp Ts&Cs will vary depending on where you live. However, if you don't update it by a certain point, there is not reason in using the messaging service. For this reason, the only real choice you have is whether you use the app or not. If you want to use it, you eventually will have to do so on WhatsApp's terms.
This doesn't mean you cannot personalize how you use WhatsApp. At oneHOWTO, we have some helpful tips on how to hide WhatsApp conversations and how to mute someone on WhatsApp on Android.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Accept WhatsApp New Terms and Conditions, we recommend you visit our Internet category.