How to Chat Privately on Instagram
Instagram is the popular social media photo video-sharing app,owned by Facebook. It is known worldwide as the perfect social networking service for sharing photographs instantly with followers. Now, Instagram also provides the service and option, in addition to tagging, hashtags and commenting on posts, to send personal messages in a direct chat. In this oneHOWTO article we show you how to chat privately on Instagram, step-by-step.
To Chat privately on Instagram (Instagram direct) is fairly simple, you'll just need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open your Instagram app and click on the logo that looks like an archive or arrow on the top right of the screen.
- The next step is to press on the "+" button on the top right to start a new chat. The app will give you an option to search for who you want to send the message to, you can choose more than one person. Type in that person’s Instagram username and click on it.
- Once you have chosen the person. You can write a message in the message box.
- If you want to send a photo from your gallery click on the picture box next to picture logo on the bottom right.
- If you want to send a heart to signify you like the message you can click on the heart next to the picture logo on its right.
- If you want to send a live stream feature or take a photo that sends immediately and not through your gallery. Click on the camera logo on the left of the message box and snap away!
Remember, all images or videos you send in Instagram direct chat will be disappear after one view for security reasons. If you have just received it you can replay it, but not more than 2-3 times.
Direct message if someone is not following you
If you are not following someone and they want to send you a message it will be held in a message request queue.
- This queue is visible if you go into your direct message page.
- On the top right it will say how many people are in this queue. If will say (number)+ Requests.
- In order to see this click blue requests. You will be directed to your direct message queue.
- From there you need to go into each message to accept or decline the request. If you accept the request it will be moved to your direct message inbox. This person will only know that you have received the request if you choose ‘allow’.
- If you choose to decline the message, the message will disappear from the direct message queue.
This process will be the same if you send a message to a person that is not following you.
If you want to block someone from messaging you completely, please follow these steps in how to block someone on Instagram.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Chat Privately on Instagram, we recommend you visit our Internet category.