How to Chat Privately on Instagram
Instagram is the popular social media photo video-sharing app owned by Facebook. It is known worldwide as the best social networking service for instantly sharing photographs with friends, families and other followers.
Instagram also allow you to send personal and direct messages. In these chats you can send photos, posts, stickers and voice messages. In this oneHOWTO article, we are going to show you how to chat privately on Instagram.
- Internet access
- Instagram account
- iOs or Android system
How to privately chat with someone on Instagram
To privately chat with someone on Instagram through Direct Instagram, follow these simple steps:
- To privately chat with someone on Instagram through Direct Messages, follow these easy steps:
- Open Instagram and tap on the send icon on the top right corner.
- Type your friend's username on the search bar.
- Now, the private chat will open.
- You can send photos and videos for only them to see by clicking the blue camera icon on the bottom left. This will open your camera so you can take a photo or a video.
- To send them a photo or video you have in your phone gallery, you will need to tap a different icon. For this, tap on the photo icon on the bottom right corner of your phone. It is between the microphone and the sticker icon. Now, your gallery will appear. You can now select which photo or video you want to send the.
- You can send a voice message by tapping and holding onto the microphone icon.
- To send a sticker, tap on the sticker icon on the bottom right.
When you send photos or videos, you can choose whether they can reply the photo/video once, never or to keep it in the chat so they can see it in the future too.
Another great feature is that you can now video call your friends on Instagram. In fact, you can have a video call of up to 4 people. To do this, go into the chat as we've previously mentioned how to do. Then click on the video icon on the top right corner. This will begin the video call.
How to message someone who doesn't follow you
When you wish to private message someone who doesn't follow you, things will be a little different. To open the chat with them, it's the same process we have previously mentioned. You can also send them photos, videos, stickers, voice messages or posts. However they will find your message in the “message request” section. Then, they will either accept or decline your direct message.
If they allow the message, your chat will be moved to their direct messages. If they decline, the message and request will be deleted. In the photos below, you'll see what they see if you message them.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Chat Privately on Instagram, we recommend you visit our Internet category.