How to Delete a Telegram Account
Telegram, released in 2013, is a relatively new child on the block when compared with other messaging apps. Its end– to–end encrypted messaging system makes it a hit among users. In February 2016 it had 100 million active users, but with the constant development of technology and new apps arriving every other day you might be tempted to try some other messaging app.
In that case, it’s best to delete your old messaging apps. People often don’t know how to delete Telegram directly as it doesn’t has any direct "delete account" option like other messaging apps such as WhatsApp. If you want to know how to delete a Telegram account, keep reading this oneHOWTO article.
How to delete a Telegram account through the deactivation page
- To delete a Telegram account, open the internet browser in your computer. Go into the official Telegram website and search for the "deactivation" section.
- It will open the Telegram deactivation page.
- In the deactivation page you will find a field where you need to enter your phone number. Type the phone number with which you have registered your Telegram account.
- Upon entering the phone number you will receive a password via Telegram, not through SMS in your mobile phone.
- Enter this code into the field. A warning message will appear which states that a person can still change their mind and cancel deleting the Telegram account.
- If you are sure that you want to delete your Telegram account, click on "I agree".
- That’s it. Done! Your telegram account is now deleted.
How to delete a Telegram account through self destruction
- First, open the Telegram app in your mobile phone.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines on the right corner at the left upper corner of the app.
- Then tap on "Settings". Your settings page will open up, in which you'll find the section "Privacy and Security". Tap on that.
- There you will find an option called “Account self–destruct”. Below, a time period is given beside “If you’re away for”. By default it would be set to 6 months.
- Click on “6 months”.
- A pop up window will appear with the option for time duration.
- You can choose from 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year.
- Tap on the time duration which suits you the best.
- Your Telegram account will self destruct if you are inactive for the time duration that you have chosen.
- Now, open your phone’s settings.
- From there delete the Telegram app and do not try to install it again and log into your account for the time period.
- Your Telegram account will deactivate automatically after that time has passed.
This is how to delete a Telegram account. If what you want is to delete someone else's contact, take a look at how to delete a Telegram contact. You can also learn how to disable "last seen" on Telegram.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Delete a Telegram Account, we recommend you visit our Internet category.