How to Make Christmas Cards with Instagram
The festive season is upon us, and there's no better way to wish all your friends and relatives than using your year's most cherished memories to send this year's Post Cards. Thanks to Instagram this task will be easy, as you can access the highlights of your year in no time and use different devices and techniques to surprise the receivers.
At OneHowTo we're going to show you how to make Christmas Cards with Instagram in the most original ways.
There are many ways in which you can make Christmas cards with Instagram. The easiest is to use an Online program that can turn your favorite pictures into cards.
Apps like Twenty20, Printsagram or Inkifi will make it really easy for you thanks to their intuitive sites. Choose your picture, text (if any) and type of paper and you've got your postcard. You'll just have to choose the amount of cards you want and they'll be shipped to your address.
The only thing with these Greetings Cards apps is that it's not a free service, so each card will cost an average of 3$ per card, so you may want to reduce costs.
If you don't want to pay money for your Instagram Christmas cards, there are free options too. You can make your very own handmade Instagram Christmas card from scratch.
You will need
- Photo paper
- Colored or white cards
- Ruler and pencil
How to make it
- Take the Christmasy picture and use your Instagram filters at will. Take a look at how to take good pictures on Instagram if you need any help. You can also choose to print a collage of your most popular pics of the year. This collage can be created through apps such as Bestnine.
- Optionally, you can use external apps such as Overgram or Instanote to add text to your Christmas picture, though it's not strictly necessary.
- To print your chosen Instagram picture, download your Instagram photo and print it on your computer with Photo paper or take it to a professional printing service. Print as many photos as cards you're going to send. We'd recommend to select a matte finish on your 'Advanced preferences' panel before printing for a more professional finish.
- Get your blank card or make your own out of thick paper in your preferred color. If you want to add more than one picture, a good idea is to create more folds to make a fold-out Christmas card, with a picture for each of its sides.
- Draw some very light lines on the paper with a pencil and ruler to make sure you center the picture in the middle.
- Stick the picture with glue and add stickers, watercolor greetings or any other ornaments you can think of to make this card amazingly beautiful!
Don't want to print your Instagram Christmas card? Why don't you create your very own digital Christmas card for your Instagram followers? It's really easy and a really original way of sending Season's Greetings. Take note, because all you need is your Instagram account and a bit of imagination:
- Get creative with your Instagram account by uploading a post that announces your Instagram Christmas card. You can take a picture of your message, or creating a composition with Photoshop, in which case you will have to upload it from your computer using an app such as Gramblr.
- Now, it's time to create a second user account which you'll be able to use with your same email address.
- Once you're logged in this account, it's time to create your surprise Christmas card. You can crate a Giant Mosaic to amaze your followers. Download an app such as Giant Square for Instagram on iPhone or Instagrid for Instagram.
- Upload the mosaic shapes from bottom right to top left.
- You're done! You can check out the final result by following our OneHowTo Instagram Account!
When it comes to wishing your loved ones a Merry Christmas your only limit is your imagination. Among other ideas, you can also use each picture to give your friends your best wishes too. Write messages in the snow, draw kind words on some craft paper with Christmasy motifs, or create them using Photoshop. Upload each message on an Instagram post. Once the person clicks on your second account, your follower can browse around all the kind messages.
If you want to go one step further, you can upload one per day until the 25th to create your very own Advent Calendar for your followers! Add Christmas carols too if you want to top it up by adding music to your Instagram Photos.
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Make Christmas Cards with Instagram, we recommend you browse around our Internet category.