How To Tell If You Have Been Blocked On Skype
Skype is a popular video and instant messaging platform that allows users to connect with friends, family, and colleagues around the world. However, there are times when users may be blocked by other users on Skype. It is important to be able to detect when you have been blocked on Skype so that you can take appropriate action. If you have been blocked by someone, you will no longer be able to contact them or see their status updates. This can be frustrating and confusing, especially if you are unaware that you have been blocked.
In this oneHOWTO article, we'll walk you through the steps on how to tell if you've been blocked on Skype.
One of the primary indications of being blocked on Skype is encountering unresponsive interactions.
Messages sent to the suspected contact may remain unanswered, displaying a perpetual "pending" status. Similarly, attempts to make calls might go unanswered, often without ringing.
Not only that, but if you try to call someone and the call fails or goes unanswered, even though they are online, it can also be a sign that you may have been blocked.
As a general rule, if you send messages, calls, or status updates to someone, and they are never answered, even after several attempts, it is a strong sign that you have been blocked.
If you have ever wondered how to block someone on LinkedIn, continue reading our other article.
An indicator of a potential block on Skype is the inability to view a contact's profile details, last seen information, and status updates.
When someone blocks you, their profile information becomes restricted, preventing you from seeing their status, profile picture, or last seen activity.
Another strong sign is when the contact's profile picture appears grayed out upon clicking it. If you suddenly lose access to these previously available details, it could signal that you've been blocked.
Not sure what happens when you block someone on Instagram? Do not worry, you can read all about in our other article.
Finally, if you have no mutual friends with someone who you believe may have blocked you, it is more likely that you have been blocked. This is because Skype makes it more difficult for blocked contacts to communicate with each other, especially if they do not have any mutual friends.
You might also be interested in this other article where we explain how to know if someone blocked you on Instagram.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, it is likely that you have been blocked on Skype. However, it is important to note that there are some other possible explanations for these behaviors. For example, the person may be offline, their account may be inactive, or they may have simply removed you from their contact list.
If uncertain about being blocked on Skype, a method to test this is by creating an alternate account and attempting to view the person's profile. If their profile is visible on the alternate account but not on your main account, it's likely that you've been blocked.
Here are some specific steps you can take to test and confirm blocking on Skype:
- Create an alternate account. You can do this by using a different email address or by using a different username and password.
- Add the suspected blocker to your alternate account. You can do this by searching for their username and clicking on the "Add contact" button.
- Try to view the suspected blocker's profile. If you can view their profile on your alternate account, but not on your main account, then it is likely that you have been blocked.
- Send a message to the suspected blocker from your alternate account. See if the message is delivered. If the message shows as "sent" but not "delivered," then it is likely that you have been blocked.
- Check the message status to see if it says "undeliverable." If it does, then it is definitely confirmed that you have been blocked.
- Analyze the behavior of the suspected blocker on mutual contacts. If the person is noticeably less responsive to your messages and calls than they are to other mutual contacts, then it is more likely that you have been blocked.
If you have followed these steps and confirmed that you have been blocked on Skype, then there is unfortunately not much you can do. The person has chosen to block you, and there is no way to force them to unblock you.
Did you know you can also block contacts on Gmail? Learn how to do it in our other article.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Tell If You Have Been Blocked On Skype, we recommend you visit our Internet category.