How to Add Stickers on Telegram
The instant messaging app Telegram is already a hit with many users due to its new and innovative features. Its end to end encryption ensures top-notch security of your delivered and received messages. While in earlier messaging apps you could use smileys, emojis and in-app stickers, Telegram allows you to create your own sticker packs and add them to the app for anyone to use.
This means you can actually send your own unique custom-made stickers! If this excites you and you want to know how to add stickers on Telegram then keep reading this oneHOWTO article.
How to add stickers on Telegram
The first way to add stickers on Telegram is save a pack of stickers when someone send you a sticker. To do this, follow these tips and tricks:
- If you have found a cool sticker in any chat or group chat and you would like to add it to your Telegram account, place your finger on the sticker.
- If you are using Telegram on an iOS device, press and hold your finger there. A menu will open up. From the menu tap on the option “Add Stickers”. A preview of stickers will now open up. Finally you have to confirm that you want to add the sticker pack. That’s it - the new sticker pack will be added to your Telegram account.
- If you are using Telegram on an Android device: Tap and hold on the sticker that you want to add to your account. That’s it; it will be added to your Telegram account.
However, if you wish to scroll down or search for sticker packs and add them on Telegram, there are two ways to do this. The first is by entering a chat and the second by entering through chat settings. Let's take a look at the first way to add stickers on Telegram:
- Go into your Telegram app and into a chat.
- Tap to write a message, the keyboard will appear.
- Now tap on the emoji/sticker icon on the left.
- Now stickers will appear. Tap on the add icon.
- Here you scroll through the sticker packs or search for a specific one and add them to your saved stickers by tapping the blue “add” box.
Follow our screenshots below for more guidance. You may also be interested in our article about how to block someone on Telegram.
Another way to add stickers on Telegram is to do so by going to your settings. In this method you will be able to see the trending stickers and even masks. You'll also be able to search for specific sticker packs that may interest you. To do this, follow our simple steps:
- Go into your Telegram app.
- Tap on the 3 horizontal lines icon on the top left corner of your screen.
- Now tap on “Settings”.
- Next, tap on “Chat Settings”.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on “Stickers and Masks”.
- Here you can edit the stickers you have now or add new stickers by tapping on “Trending Stickers”.
- Now you can scroll and add the sticker packs you want by tapping on the blue “Add” button on the right. You can also search for stickers you could be interested in by typing into the bar that says “Search trending stickers”.
Follow our screenshots below for more guidance. You may also be interested in our article about what supergroups are on Telegram.
How to make your own Telegram stickers
Other than adding stickers on Telegram, you can also make your own! You can use your own face or draw some stickers, etc. This is a very fun way of creating your own unique stickers. To make your own Telegram stickers, follow these easy steps:
- Open your web browser and enter this URL: https://telegram.me/stickers
- Click on the option “Send Message”. A chat window will open which will allow you to create your own custom made stickers.
- In the conversation window you have to enter an instruction which will enable you to create stickers. The list of instructions that you can enter are:- /Newstickerpack : this command lets you create a new Telegram sticker pack.- /Addsticker : this command lets you add a new sticker to an existing pack.- /Delsticker : this command lets you remove a sticker from an existing pack.- /Ordersticker : this command allows you to rearrange the sticker of an existing pack.- /Cancel : this command allows you to cancel any action.
- If you want to add a new sticker pack then send the message /Newstickerpack.
- You will be asked to input a name for the sticker pack. Enter a name that you like.
- Then you will be asked to send the sticker in PNG format.
- To do this select the intended PNG file in 512 x 512 format and drag it to the Telegram window. Make sure that the image has a transparent background.
- Dragging and dropping the image in the Telegram window will add the sticker to the pack.
- When you have completed adding all the stickers, you would be asked to enter a short name with no spaces in between.
You may also want to check out how to make your own Telegram stickers by watching the video tutorial below!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Add Stickers on Telegram, we recommend you visit our Internet category.