How to Center Your Instagram Bio
Centered bios on Instagram have become extremely popular these days, and good reason. They are eye-catching, and put your message front and center. This is so that your friends and potential followers find them ,ore attractive, as many Instagram users say that they are visually more appealing than left aligned bio. They make your Instagram bio unique, so that you can command more attention with them. It can also help to make a message more powerful (if you have one to share). Although Instagram has a very simple interface and is quite limiting when it comes to customization, you may still add a creative touch by knowing how to center your Instagram bio. oneHOWTO shows you how it's done.
What is an Instagram bio?
Your Instagram bio is the equivalent of a blurb by which visitors to your profile get a chance to learn a little about you. It is the very first thing someone sees when they land on your profile. Your bio can play a critical role in making you popular on Instagram and having numerous likes and followers. It makes the first impression about your life and attitude, it lets people know a little about you and your personality. It also acts as a gateway to traffic and engagement. However, it is only a small section, so your short bio cannot take up more than 150 characters. Therefore, it is vital to choose use your words wisely and say a lot about yourself succinctly.
Why is it important to make your Instagram bio attractive?
If visiting your profile is the the equivalent of meeting someone at a party, your bio is the equivalent of making a first impression. On social media, your bio is the first thing your visitors will look at while browsing through your account. A physically appealing bio will play an important role in deciding whether someone may follow you or ignore you. Also, the words you say can say as little or as much as you want. They can be funny, dramatic or sincere. This will depend on whether you want people to think of you as funny, dramatic or sincere.
An attractive look bio may also help you grab more clients and customers, if you are operating a Business related Instagram account. Instagram bios are left aligned by default, but center aligned bios are eye-catching and you need to know how to center your Instagram bio. Centering your bio will make it stand out, making you stand out in turn.
Step by step instructions to center your Instagram bio
Centering your Instagram bio is quite easy and quick to do. Just follow these simple instructions in order to center your Instagram bio:
- Open your Instagram app on your phone or visit Instagram website from your desktop.
- Login to your Instagram account by entering your username and password. If you are using the app on your phone, you must be already logged in. Remember that you can save your password only on your mobile phone or personal computer. Never save it on a public computer or an office computer, as anyone may log into your account and misuse it.
- After entering your login details, you will reach your home page. Click on the ‘Edit Profile’ tab on the right hand side of your profile photo.
- You will be directed to your profile page. Scroll down to reach the ‘Bio’ section.
- Copy the empty spaces from here ‘| |’. Do not copy the bars.
- Click in the provided box as if you are going to write your bio. By doing this, you will enter the text-editing mode by popping up your keyboard.
- Paste your copied spaces in this box. Your cursor will automatically reach the center of the first line of the box.
- Now type the text of the bio that you want to write. Distribute your bio into a number of lines. Type the text that you want to write in your first line. Then hit Enter to jump to the next line and write the text of your second line. Continue with other lines by pasting these empty spaces.
- You can add or remove a few spaces to make the bio look perfectly aligned at center. Adjustment of the spacing may vary from one bio to the other, depending on the number of characters you need to write in it.
- After finalizing your bio, click on the blue ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the page.
To center or not to center (your Instagram bio)
Whether you want to center your Instagram bio or not solely depend on your personal choice. The centered bio format perfectly complements the content of your information and highlights it to make it interesting and eye-appealing. Think about the information you want to convey to your visitors and followers, and design the way your bio reads. But this strategy has one drawback to it. Since you get only a limited number of characters to write an Instagram bio, the number of spaces you paste count too. The spaces that you include in your bio decrease the number of text characters you are allowed to write there. So, as a result, you ultimately get an even less number of characters to write your bio.
If you do choose to center your Instagram bio remember that it doesn't just have to be made up of text characters and spaces. You can add emojis and other characters as long as they are recognized by the app. Many people like to put emojis which represent something about them. Member of the LGBTQ community might put a rainbow or heavy metallers might put a skull and cross bones. Whatever it is, the more your bio represents you the better. This is still the case if you simply want to leave it blank.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Center Your Instagram Bio, we recommend you visit our Internet category.