How to Turn Instagram Push Notifications Off
How often does it happen that you are doing something with complete concentration, from studying to attending a business meeting, and suddenly your mobile phone rings up indicating you have a push notification? The answer is probably going to be lots of times.
Turning the push notification off for some apps is impossible. Thankfully, Instagram provides us the choice to let us turn it off. In this oneHOWTO article we will tell you how to turn Instagram push notifications off. Read on and keep your concentration!
How to turn off push notifications in Instagram
There are different ways to turn Instagram push notifications off. The first and easiest one is to turn them off directly from the Instagram app.
- Open the Instagram app in your phone.
- Open your profile by tapping on the person icon at the bottom right.
- On the top section of the screen you will see your username, the "Discover people" option and three vertical dots in the top right corner. Tap on those.
- It will open a drop down box.
- In that menu, scroll down the list and go to the "SETTINGS" section. Tap the option “Push notifications”.
There you will find different options to manage your push notifications on Instagram. You can choose to receive all push notifications, only those from people you follow, or none at all. This applies to likes, comments, comment likes, live videos, follower requests, new friends, direct messages, tagged photos, announcements and first posts.
How to turn off push notifications on Android
You can also turn Instagram push notifications off from the main app manager in your phone. In this case, the way to do it differs from Android and iOS. Let's see how to turn Instagram notifications off on Android first.
- Open the settings manager of your Android phone, not the Instagram app.
- In the settings manager you will find different options to look over, from Networks to Sound, Screen and General. Scroll down the "General" section until you find "Apps" or "Application Manager". There you will find the list of all the apps present in your Android phone.
- From this list, choose Instagram. It will show your settings for the Instagram app. There you will find the option “Show notifications”.
- On the right hand side of “Show notifications" there will be a check box. Uncheck the box to prevent Instagram from sending push notifications.
- If the checkbox is not present in your mobile phone, open the “Notifications” option. When it loads, tap the “Block” option off to stop receiving push notifications.
How to turn off push notification on iOS
The way to turn Instagram push notifications off is quite similar if you have an iPhone.
- Open the settings manager of your phone, not the Instagram app.
- When it opens, tap on the option “Notifications”. It will open the notification settings of all the apps installed in your phone.
- From the list of apps, tap on “Instagram”.
- When it opens, it will display all the settings for your Instagram account.
- In the list of Instagram settings you will find the option “Allow Notifications”.
- Tap it off to stop receiving push notifications from Instagram on iOS.
If Instagram does not appear in the list of apps wait until you receive a notification from Instagram. After receiving the notification, if Instagram still does not appear in the list uninstall the Instagram app, restart the phone and install the app again. During installation, select “Allow Notifications” and the Instagram option will appear in list of the Notifications section.
Want to learn more about using Instagram? Take a look at the following articles:
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Turn Instagram Push Notifications Off, we recommend you browse around our Internet category.