How to recover deleted messages from Instagram
Since Instagram has introduced direct messages into their app, we have been using it to keep in contact with friends and family. However, we've all been in the place where we've mistakenly deleted a message or even an entire chat and now we want to recover them.
If this has happened to you on Instagram, don't worry, you've come to the right place! In this oneHOWTO article we're going to tell you how to recover deleted messages from Instagram. Follow our easy guide to recover those messages today!
Is it possible to recover a deleted chat on Instagram?
Recovering a deleted message or chat is possible. If you want to completely recover your deleted information or chats, you will have to take into account several factors. They are the following:
- Deleted data policy: each messaging app or social network has its own policy for recovering deleted data. For example, WhatsApp gives you the option to reestablish your deleted chat by accessing the backup, but it is deleted after seven days. In the case of the social network Facebook, however, it is not possible to recover a deleted chat unless it is archived. On Instagram, for its part, everything depends on the backup you have made.
- Type of mobile device: the mobile you use is also important to determine how you will recover your messages, since each device has a specific way to create a backup depending on its operating system.
- Backup copies: before changing your mobile phone, we recommend that you always make a backup copy of all the messages you want to keep, since otherwise it will be very difficult to rescue them. However, you have to bear in mind that if you switch from one operating system to another it will be practically impossible to recover your messages.
- Installation of external programs: although some are unreliable and ineffective, downloading an external application to recover your deleted messages or data is definitely another option.
You may also be interested in our article about how to change your Instagram password.
How to recover deleted conversations from Instagram
As we've previously explained, recovering deleted messages is definitely possible as long as we take certain factors into account. For this easy guide to recovering deleted messages from Instagram, we're first going to tackle the issue with the most reliable option: your backup.
A backup is a tool that allows you to rescue damaged or deleted data from any mobile device or computer, and Instagram gives users the option to access their lost files by following these easy steps:
- Firstly, you'll want to make sure that you have the latest version of Instagram on your device.
- Enter your Instagram account and click on your profile.
- Next, click on the three horizontal stripes that appear at the top right part of your screen. This will allow you to enter settings.
- Go to settings by clicking on the word or icon on the bottom centre part of your screen.
- Now, you must click on “security”.
- Simply click on "download data".
- When you have done this, Instagram will ask you for an email to send you a link with the collection of your data.
- Once you have entered your email account, Instagram will ask you to enter the password you use to access the profile.
- Finally, within a maximum period of 48 hours, the team will send you an email with all your files in ZIP format. Deleted conversations will be included there.
This is possible whether you are wondering how to recover Instagram messages on Android or on an iOS. You may also be interested in our article about how to recover deleted photos from Whatsapp.
Other ways to recover messages on Instagram
If you have tried the backup option to recover your deleted messages but have not obtained the desired results, you can try recovering your messages from an external application or program.
Please keep in mind that they are not entirely reliable and may not always work. Make sure you are careful and are up to date with Instagram's security updates. Without further ado, here are some external apps you can try:
- Ultdata: is a software that allows you to recover accidentally deleted data, such as messages, photos or videos.
- Fonelab: this application is only for iPhone and gives you the possibility to recover deleted or lost messages and other data.
Once again you have to remember that these non-Instagram programs may stop working after a while, so the most reliable option is by accessing the backup that we have previously discussed.
You may also be interested in this other article on how to activate dark mode on Instagram.
If you want to read similar articles to How to recover deleted messages from Instagram, we recommend you visit our Internet category.