How Many Stories Can I Post On Instagram?
Since Facebook's acquisition of Instagram in 2012, we have seen the steady integration of different functions on the image sharing platform. Despite these features being blatant rip offs of those pioneered by other platforms, Instagram doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon. One of the most popular is Instagram stories. A Snapchat like feature which allows users to post short videos which automatically delete after 24 hours. Some may post the odd video, some seem happy to post and post until they have more scenes than The Godfather. But just how many stories can you post on Instagram? oneHOWTO answers this question and explains how great this feature can be.
Instagram is an app for social networking specifically designed to share videos and photos from smartphones. When you create an Instagram account, you get your own news feed and profile. When you post something on Instagram, it gets displayed in your profile page. Your followers can see things posted by you on their own feed pages. Likewise, you can also see other people’s posts on your feed page.
Just like most other social networking platforms, you may interact with other Instagram users only by first following them. Once you follow, you can comment, tag, like or message and even save their photos onto your device. You can download Instagram for free on Android and iOS devices. You may access Instagram from your computer as well, but you may upload your photos only from your smartphone. Read how to make good Instagram posts for further information.
Is there a limit to the amount of stories you can post on Instagram?
If you frequently want to share lots of stories with your friends on Instagram, you must be wondering how many stories you can post in a day. The answer is no with a ‘but’. You can post continually to Instagram stories with the only real limitation being the amount of memory on your phone. However, once your stories get to the 100 posts mark, Instagram will automatically delete an old post every time you start a new one. These posts will be deleted in order of oldest first.
Another problem is more for marketers and businesses. They may employ a bot or program to automatically post their stories for business purposes. However, if Instagram starts to suspect that this is a bot at work, they have been known to temporarily block this user until the problem is resolved.
How to post multiple stories on Instagram
While using Instagram, you have the option to post several stories at once. Follow these step by step instructions to do so:
- Open the app.
- Select the Camera icon situated at the top left corner of your home screen. You will be redirected to your Camera screen where you may upload your media and create an Instagram story. If you don’t wish to click a photo right now, you can access your Camera Roll or gallery from here and select the pictures that you want to post.
- By doing this, you have created a story with one image or video. If you want to add more video or photo in your story, then return to your Instagram home screen and tap the Camera icon once again.
- Again open the Gallery and select the multiple photos or videos that you want to post.
How long are Instagram stories visible
Stories appear in tiny photo bubbles of the Instagram users you follow. You may tap on any user’s bubble to see their story published within the last 24 hours. This means that any Instagram story remains visible for 24 hours, and then disappears to leave you with a blank story. If you want to publish a story of your own, you need to open your main feed, tap your photo bubble and swipe right to access your stories Camera tab.
How to view expired Instagram stories
Instagram Stories is an amazing feature that you can use to show your followers what you are doing. If you want to view your own stories even after the 24 hour deletion period, you can save them in your story archive. You can view your Instagram stories even after 24 hours by simply enabling this particular setting. Once you activated, your Instagram stories will automatically get saved in your Archived folder after they expire. From there, you can not only view them again, but also re-share them. Follow these steps to enable this setting:
- Open the Instagram app installed on your smartphone.
- Click on your profile icon located on the bottom right corner of your screen, after which you will be redirected to your Instagram profile page.
- You will see an icon with three vertical dots situated on the top right corner of your profile page. This is the menu icon which you need to select.
- Once you enter the menu, you will find numerous setting options.
- Select ‘Story Settings’ situated just below the ‘Account’ section.
- You will see several setting options in the Story Settings. Using these options, you can customize your preferred features of Instagram stories.
- If you want to view your Instagram stories even after they expire, you have to find the ‘Save to Archive’ option.
- You will see a slide button in front of this tab, which you have to slide to the right.
- Once you have configured your settings, you can see your old stories in the Instagram Story files. To access your story files even after they expire, you have to open your home screen and click on the ‘clock’ icon located on the top of the page. The Instagram Archive will start loading and this is the place where your old Instagram stories are kept hidden.
- You will see all your old stories on this screen. You have to click on the one that you want to open or share.
Highlighting your favorite Stories
With the special Highlight feature, you can even highlight your favorite stories on Instagram. To do this, you have to tap ‘New’ on the left hand side of your profile page, choose the story that you want to highlight from your archive, select a cover image, give it a name and you are done. The stories you have highlighted will appear as a story style bubble on top of your profile. When your follower taps on it, it plays like a big story automatically. Moreover, they will remain visible to your followers until you delete them.
You have the option to remove the clips, but you cannot reorder them. You can add as many as 100 videos or photos to a single story highlight, and there are no limits as to how many highlights you are allowed to create. However, if you add more clips than 100, the first will be automatically removed and saved in your Archive. Other than that, if you don’t want to access your old stories after they expire, you can opt out from the Stories Archive. Instagram stories have more than 300 million users till date, and they can now post a wide variety of content, since they now know that they are not going to disappear forever.
If you want to read similar articles to How Many Stories Can I Post On Instagram?, we recommend you visit our Internet category.